Howdy

Hi Chris, I have DSL, but it can be a little slow sometimes. A friend from down south calls it Alaska High Speed. I could get faster connection, but I'd have to install a satellite dish, and I'd have to deal with keeping the snow and ice off it during winter (6 months a year). The 'shroom: In the spring and summer here when things grow, they grow fast and large. A friend of mine found a couple of Puffball mushrooms this summer that were over 10 lbs each, and the King Boletus here get big enough that one can be a meal for 2 (They are excellent fried in butter).

Hey Van, is that picture of the mushroom a king boletus you mentioned as edible? Curious as to whether you have any wild garlic bigger than normal, probably could fry up some ramps with that mushroom for a real treat.

Hi Jim, no, that one wasn't a Boletus. I don't know exactly what kind of shroom it was. I haven't heard of wild garlic up here, it may be something that would have to be grown in a greenhouse. I just don't know. I do like to add some garlic to the butter when I fry shrooms.

Back