How's my plug?

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
6:16 PM
I was looking at this chart, I've never "read" plugs before, really. I got about 100 miles on this engine, at least.

I am inclined to judge from Ok to a little hot. What do you guys think?

Sparkpplug12-21.jpg

That plug looks good, but the real way of checking is to get the engine warm and then run it wide open or up a hill and put some load on the motor. Then kill the engine without letting it idle down. Then pull the plug and check color. If you prefer to ride at cruising speeds most of all, then check the color for that speed by just killing the engine at that speed and checking. You want the AFR for your most used rpm.

If you prefer to ride at cruising speeds most of all, then check the color for that speed by just killing the engine at that speed and checking. You want the AFR for your most used rpm.
I agree with Chainlube...Its how you are going to be using your bike that matters when it comes to doing the plug chop.

As a for instance...I like to just cruise, though my bike is capable of more than that, its just how i prefer to regularly use it.

Here is a clear pic of my plug chop, using my bike as just a cruiser...DAMIEN

DSCN0177.JPG

I agree with Chainlube...Its how you are going to be using your bike that matters when it comes to doing the plug chop.

As a for instance...I like to just cruise, though my bike is capable of more than that, its just how i prefer to regularly use it.

Here is a clear pic of my plug chop, using my bike as just a cruiser...DAMIEN

View attachment 162400
Try one heat range higher.

Try one heat range higher.
Why???...It runs so good like this...Starts first time everytime, never stutters, great throttle response throughout the range, and cruises at 30 to 32 MPH on quarter throttle...lol...And its a beautiful chocolate brown colour...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Im using the NGK-B6HS

Why???...It runs so good like this...Starts first time everytime, never stutters, great throttle response throughout the range, and cruises at 30 to 32 MPH on quarter throttle...lol...And its a beautiful chocolate brown colour...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Im using the NGK-B6HS
It might be the photo, but that looks red from here, which indicates too cold of plug. You have such a great set up on the engine so it might need a hotter plug.

which indicates too cold of plug.
Well i did take the pic at night in my living room with the tv giving out the only light plus flash of my camera for what its worth...lol...Since it will be a tad bit colder here in the desert going into winter though, i just may try that out...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Plug looks chocolate brown when i look at it, not red...lol.

I was looking at this chart, I've never "read" plugs before, really. I got about 100 miles on this engine, at least.

I am inclined to judge from Ok to a little hot. What do you guys think?

View attachment 162398
To much oil and a tad lean ( just slightly for my tatses). Oil is up to you, depending on how you ride. If you beat it, to much oil is good, just have to clean the top half now and then.

Well i did take the pic at night in my living room with the tv giving out the only light plus flash of my camera for what its worth...lol...Since it will be a tad bit colder here in the desert going into winter though, i just may try that out...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Plug looks chocolate brown when i look at it, not red...lol.
The only thing that matters is you're happy with it, the ideal plug color is a tan color. The perfect AFR is 14.7:1 which will give the plug a tan color.

Oh shoot. Idunno what rpm I run. I think between 6 and 7 k. I'm trying to keep my bike below 6k by ear. I'll get a plug and try that out. I am running 16:1 -- I know I know... pretty thick... blah blah. I put a quart of 2 stroke oil in 5 gallons of gas. When that 5 gallons is up I will run 32:1.

I got a huge 56 tooth rear sprocket so I can't go too fast. I got up to 25 once and it sounded like a Kamakazi training on a battleship.

Back