Hows your weather 2017?

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
We had the best Fall, Winter and Spring ever this year here in Phoenix Arizona, but it's payback time... SUMMER.

100's are nothing, 110F+ is when it gets officially HOT here.
We are looking at 120F today before it "cools down" to 90F tonight and the next few days just in the 'Hundred Teens'.

Ouch!

butre

100 degrees in the desert is comfortable. when it's 90 degrees here the heat index is 120. when it's over 100 don't even think about leaving the comfort of your air conditioning, you might actually boil.

zippinaround

weather here has been good all in all , its usually a lot cooler and rainier. today i thought was a tad hot at 21 celsius very hot for ireland its usually about 4 aahaha

gary55

100 degrees in the desert is comfortable. when it's 90 degrees here the heat index is 120. when it's over 100 don't even think about leaving the comfort of your air conditioning, you might actually boil.
Time to crank up the ac and put on Lee Boneit. Maybe some L'Angelus.

jaguar

KC our summers here are similar to yours but often with humidity which makes them even more brutal. Right now its winter and I just got back from a ride and my hands are slowly thawing out.

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
KC our summers here are similar to yours but often with humidity which makes them even more brutal.
Right now its winter and I just got back from a ride and my hands are slowly thawing out.
Ya, it's a 'Dry Heat' here until the Monsoons hit, then I'll be just as miserable as you hehe ;-}

Tough day yesterday, 119F high, 90F low last night, and 117F today.

Hi Summer, and screw you!

Steve Best

there is a nature-based solution to your problems with the heat. its called seasonal MIGRATION :p
Ha! I love it! Totally agreed!

I'm lucky enough to be able to migrate less than 20 miles and lose 20 degrees in the summer.
It only gains about 10 degrees in the winter.

Of course with the heat and humidity comes blackflies and mosquitoes, making the cool months look better.
There is a brief time when the weather is cool enough, the sun is shining and there are no bugs, but I missed it this year...

butre

Ha! I love it! Totally agreed!

I'm lucky enough to be able to migrate less than 20 miles and lose 20 degrees in the summer.
It only gains about 10 degrees in the winter.

Of course with the heat and humidity comes blackflies and mosquitoes, making the cool months look better.
There is a brief time when the weather is cool enough, the sun is shining and there are no bugs, but I missed it this year...
I go north and the temperature rises (no gulf breeze) but the humidity drops. 90 degrees in Jackson is comfortable, 90 degrees here is hell.

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
I go north and the temperature rises (no gulf breeze) but the humidity drops. 90 degrees in Jackson is comfortable,
90 degrees here is hell.
Then I live in Hell as I won't be seeing low temps below 90F for awhile.
Funny, I don't notice it indoors ;-}

5-7HEAVEN

I left AZ June 2nd, after 8 days' vacation.
That's the first time I saw the skin of my leg literally peel before my eyes, in the car with windows up and AC on.

Frankenstein

I left AZ June 2nd, after 8 days' vacation.
That's the first time I saw the skin of my leg literally peel before my eyes, in the car with windows up and AC on.
While I thought Allentown was bad, I've recently decided certain other parts of the United States are best left uninhibited, namely the ones where your skin peels off even with air conditioning.

Good luck desert people...I won't be visiting any time soon.

butre

Then I live in Hell as I won't be seeing low temps below 90F for awhile.
Funny, I don't notice it indoors ;-}
90 degrees in the desert is t-shirt and jeans weather, while 90 degrees here is don't leave the air conditioning weather. it has to be 108 degrees in Phoenix to match our heat index at 90 degrees is what I'm trying to tell you.

our record high here was 104 in August 10th 2000, but our heat index peaked at 163 that day. a heat index in the 130-140 range isn't uncommon here.

Last edited:

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
90 degrees in the desert is t-shirt and jeans weather, while 90 degrees here is don't leave the air conditioning weather. it has to be 108 degrees in Phoenix to match our heat index at 90 degrees is what I'm trying to tell you.

our record high here was 104 in August 10th 2000, but our heat index peaked at 163 that day. a heat index in the 130-140 range isn't uncommon here.
I woke up to 88F, and looking at ~115F for a high 'real temp' and you know what?
It don't bother me a bit, I work indoors with AC ;-}

Ya, ~4 months of intense heat where I have to keep my sliding glass office door shut which hampers pet play, the extreme heat will be gone soon enough, kind of like the snow for some of you guys ;-}

Last edited:

KCvale

Motorized Bicycle Vendor
The monsoon is here.

We are actually trending a bit lower than average, and the rain and humidity have really helped put out the forest fires.

Heck, AZ has been daily National News for weeks now.

We have ignorant people dying all over the place here in Arizona.
Falling into the grand canyon, swept away in water, falling off our hiking mountains, dying from heat in their homes when the AC goes out...

This is the time of year when we add a little chlorine to the gene pool.

You may have heard of AZ Republican Senator John McCain's resent problems...

He had a hole drilled in his head to remove a blood clot and they found a huge deadly cancer tumor, looks like he is going to go before me.

Naw, Congress has their own special Heath Care Plan, this will cost 100's of thousands of dollars he won't have to pay a penny.

Hey Congress, how about you use the same heath care as everybody else?

Steve Best

Hey, we're not too far behind you in the Great White North.
84F and 55% humidity. It is hot and steamy for a Bluenoser,
although I can drive 10 miles over to the Bay of Fundy shore and the temperature drops to 73F and a foggy 78% humidity.

It is a shame. the greatest country on earth, doesn't take care of its citizen's health care needs.
http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6
It is not an impossible task, these countries in green already have universal health care:

If Cuba and Botswana can figure it out, you'd think your elected officials could figure it out.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3633404/
https://web.stanford.edu/class/e297c/poverty_prejudice/soc_sec/health.htm
Or are you even asking for it? I hear a lot of well off folks saying "I got a plan, I'm not paying for Obama-care".
-I got mine, the heck with all of you-

Here in Canada, I've over-used my health benefits. A dozen broken bones over the years, a couple ambulance rides, a couple months spent in hospital, a tumor and kidney stone removed, 5 kids, and about as many surgeries, no cost. Even had the same orthopedic surgeon as our Olympic Team.

You've got a president that vows to change it, this is your chance to ask.

Last edited:

gary55

Well I'm gona chime in on this though I probably shouldn't. Beautiful here. Rain and lightening in the afternoons and evenings, high 70's to mid 80's, humidity 50% to 75%. OK I want to be clear their is no inference to anyone here. Health care. I don't think some lazy assed bum living in his girl friends government provided home eating off the food stamps that her and their four children are receiving should be getting free medical care let alone the same care as the workers, soldiers, or leaders in this country. The children, the elderly or infirm are a different story, but there has to be a line somewhere where the quality of what one receives in life is at least somewhat based in what the able put into it. If one is able and does nothing, why should those able and trying have to try harder to make up for the nothing of the one?

Steve Best

Speaking with the greatest of respect:
I was an unemployed young man in medical need at one time. Who judges my worth?
I wasn't much at the time. Do you know the story in Luke 10:25-37?
My worth is not my bank account or title, but what I do for others when I have no expectation of return.

At its core, a just society should provide its citizens safety, health, education and opportunity in that order.
Good societies do. Look at world examples. Iceland, Switzerland, even South Korea.
These places are rewarded with growth, quality of life, happy people and low crime and incarceration rates.
Without safety, health, education and opportunity you get paranoia, depression, chronic illness, ignorance, and rampant crime.

Health should be a universal right. We should put the advice of Luke 10:25-37 into our everyday life.
Because what's going on now is clearly not working...

Frankenstein

Hey, we're not too far behind you in the Great White North.
84F and 55% humidity. It is hot and steamy for a Bluenoser,
although I can drive 10 miles over to the Bay of Fundy shore and the temperature drops to 73F and a foggy 78% humidity.

It is a shame. the greatest country on earth and it doesn't take care of its citizen's health care needs. It is not an impossible task, these countries in green already have universal health care:

If Cuba and Botswana can figure it out, you'd think your elected officials could figure it out.
Or are you even asking for it? I hear a lot of well off folks saying "I got a plan, I'm not paying for Obama-care".
-I got mine, the heck with all of you-

Here in Canada, I've over-used my health benefits. A dozen broken bones over the years, a couple ambulance rides, a couple months spent in hospital, a tumor and kidney stone removed, 5 kids, and about as many surgeries, no cost. Even had the same orthopedic surgeon as our Olympic Team.

You've got a president that vows to change it, this is your chance to ask.
At least this potus had the balls to imply this country sucks, why else would it need to be made great again...

I could probably become president even, doesn't seem like anyone cares about quality anymore, the last few presidents pretty much proves the point... Society at large allowed it to happen.
Speaking with the greatest of respect:
I was an unemployed young man in medical need at one time. Who judges my worth?
I wasn't much at the time. Do you know the story in Luke 10:25-37?
My worth is not my bank account or title, but what I do for others when I have no expectation of return.

At its core, a just society should provide its citizens safety, health, education and opportunity in that order.
Good societies do. Look at world examples. Iceland, Switzerland, even South Korea.
These places are rewarded with growth, quality of life, happy people and low crime and incarceration rates.
Without safety, health, education and opportunity you get paranoia, depression, chronic illness, ignorance, and rampant crime.

Health should be a universal right. We should put the advice of Luke 10:25-37 into our everyday life.
Because what's going on now is clearly not working...
It would work out if Healthcare wasn't commercialized, and if a lot of people would be willing to give up their way of life. The insurance market is the major contributor to why the healthcare system is locked in where it is. Unfortunately by giving free standard health care to every single person you will virtually eliminate the health insurance industry, which is booming as of late. There's simply too much money flowing into too little peoples' hands, and they are the same people ultimately dicking around in Washington.

At this declining rate (how much people are making year to year which is basically flat-lining now vs the climbing rate of insurance costs) of ability for people to keep up with the insurance coverage for day to day life, not to mention avoiding getting a fine for not having insurance - a law that one should expect from Washington considering the circumstances, and money, then people here will get a little wiser, and simply demand what should have been in the first place, as you mentioned.

It's a big dance, and the reason why it costs so much is because too many people want to get in on it and make as much money as possible. Makes more sense to streamline the process and simply tax at a standard rate, and instead of 100 people gouging you for money just to keep you covered for health care and providing it, it only takes maybe 20 to do it via tax and baseline coverage for everybody. The figures are hypothetical but you get the drift. Yes it's costing you more in taxes but after you figure out what you aren't spending on insurance anymore you see that your only paying a 5th of what you were for the same exact thing.

The math is simple, 80 people have to be willing to give up their jobs, and probably 10 more have to hand over control of a lot of money to somebody else. Multiplied over the entire industry and it's a big fat chance.

Unless of course the American people stop being so... Stupid. It is America people, you're free to pick the right people for the right reasons, so stop letting them tell you who you can pick and for what..

gary55

With all respect as well. I like the story of the good samaritan as well as the prodigal son. Truth is I like most of the things written as Jesus the teacher. As for the son of the creator of all, I'll leave that for individual choice.
I have a hard time collecting my thought on such issues of us as a society. I would rather consider it we as a species, and I think we as a species should be more concerned with people being murdered for the way they think, people dying of thirst or disease in third world countries. People being blocked from education so that they may not see why they even think the way they do.
I like bringing things down to the smallest common denominator as in the samaritan. It helps me see what is at hand and what I can do to help, but we as a society greatest or not deserve no more than the kid dying of thirst. The bum living off his girlfriends welfare deserves less than that kid regardless of which border he resides within.