HP carb jetting

Zac

Local time
8:06 AM
So I ordered an HP carb, after looking into it a bit, it seems that jetting differs based on altitude, and can really affect performance. I don't have any other jets besides the one it came with. Not sure what to go with. I'm at 5,000 ft above sea level.

Forget my previous comment on ZACs altitude, (Which i deleted),...I thought i was answering my buddy ZAK a few miles down the road from me...lol...Im at 4500 ft altitude...Read also what im jetted at in post #5 below...DAMIEN

EDITED BY DAMIEN...Forget my previous comment on ZACs altitude, (Which i deleted),...I thought i was answering my buddy ZAK a few miles down the road from me...lol.
Your running like a 68-69 jet at 4500 ft arent you damien1307? You have told me but recently swapped over to a bofeng carb. What jetting did you end up running with it?

Im using the stock Bofeng carburetor jet which i believe is a 70...Needle valve C clip is at the very top notch...Runs PERFECTLY like that...lol.

Im using the stock Bofeng carburetor jet which i believe is a 70...Needle valve C clip is at the very top notch...Runs PERFECTLY like that...lol.
Ok thanks, just wanted to know for myself, kinda like a tuning footnote for my book.

So should I just get a set of jets and see which one works best?

I tend to be "anal retentive" in other aspects of this as well...NGK-B6HS plug that is gapped at .025...Ethanol-Free gasoline only, (in my area it is only available in 87 octane so i add 1 once per gallon of gas of the Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost, and i use 4 ounces per one gallon of ethanol-free gas of the Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle full synthetic racing oil, im also making sure that there is absolutely no carb, intake, or any other gasket leaks as well.

Starts first time, everytime, totally smooth throttle response through all ranges, and cruises at 30 MPH at a quarter throttle.

I cant tell ya with any knowledge about the HP carby as to what you should do...I always stay with either stock NT, or now, in the case of the Bofeng, its really just a much better, improved version of the NT, their settings are the same, but Bofeng is more refined and smoother in operation...For some strange reason, the motor even runs quieter because of it too...Don't quite know why that is the case...lol.

So should I just get a set of jets and see which one works best?
If you can find a set in this range I would get it if you decide to stay with a hp carb. I would get a set for 65-75 should cover you, even if you make some mods down the line you should have the jets you need.

Back