Hp keihin carb on 48cc

Local time
5:49 PM
Hi guys need your help, I bought a reed valve high performance keihin carburater for my flying horse 48cc, because I upgraded everything and got a sick bp expansion chamber. well I found out from you guys because of the reed valve Id need to port out the engine, change the jets and all that, dont want that or know how to, so I took the reed valve part off, and just want to use the keihin carb instead of the standard nt carb, well I want to lengthen the intake runner with a rubber or aluminum tube, but the keihin diameter of the tube is larger than the 48cc intake connecter. What do I do. Thanks

You need to start simple, experiment on one thing at a time, and learn what does what.
Jumping in to the deep end is a helluva way to learn to swim.

Google "plug chop" to learn about 2 stroke jetting.

I've been using sections of the clear and very strong woven tubing (3/4" ID) you can get at Lowe's as a way to extend the intake. That stuff holds up very well! A foot of it is probably less than $2 and can make several pieces. If you try it be sure and support the carb - I use a zip tie to steady it to the frame and it works great! Four stroking? What's that?

improvise. Ive made my own adaptors, first one being from copper tubing. later went to a machine shop with my own drawings of what I wanted them to make.
ps- ignore people that say you have to port the engine if you put a reed valve on. Just drill holes in the pistons intake skirt and later on you can dremel in a boost port once you get the need for more power.

Back