HS 142f won’t idle or start without starter fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that part’s threads were more like 6mm and the part didn’t fit.. I got a new carb since it was half price and readjusted valves again and... still won’t start, even with starter fluid. Almost wants to start and begin idling but won’t. I’m determined to find out if I have enough compression with this engine but can’t find a fitting. I should probably just shell out for a new engine after all this... Any more ideas? Thanks

If it didn’t have enough compression would it even throttle up with no tire load? Maybe just not quite enough compression?

So that part’s threads were more like 6mm and the part didn’t fit.. I got a new carb since it was half price and readjusted valves again and... still won’t start, even with starter fluid. Almost wants to start and begin idling but won’t. I’m determined to find out if I have enough compression with this engine but can’t find a fitting. I should probably just shell out for a new engine after all this... Any more ideas? Thanks
Sorry. I hope you got a refund. They definitely said it had M8 threads.
I looked up a plug for the hs-142F, (NGK7544) and it has M10 x 1.00 mm threads. If that's rights, then of course the 8mm adapter wouldn't work. Have you tried a 10mm adapter, or is my spark plug info wrong?

Ahh s**t, how dumb! You are right, it is M10 x 1.0 thread. Idk how I had that wrong the whole time.. I tried the auto parts compression kit in the past and could have sworn I tried the smallest fitting, but maybe it was 12mm. Back to the store/online for that 10mm adapter then.. Thanks for pointing that out. I think compression is gonna be the problem since a new carb and new gapped plug didn’t help.

Ahh sh*t, how dumb! You are right, it is M10 x 1.0 thread. Idk how I had that wrong the whole time.. I tried the auto parts compression kit in the past and could have sworn I tried the smallest fitting, but maybe it was 12mm. Back to the store/online for that 10mm adapter then.. Thanks for pointing that out. I think compression is gonna be the problem since a new carb and new gapped plug didn’t help.
LOL. Glad that's sorted out. You won't hear me judging. :ROFLMAO:

Good quality Bosch gauge shows about 100lbs which should be fine, no? New carb, new gaskets, new plug, new head gasket, valves at .004/.006”, compression good, spark test was fine. Still workin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back