HS motor / GT2 frame combo

Barry

Local time
3:22 AM
Any experience out there with an HS 4 stroke mounted in a GT-2 frame? I built one, put a few miles on it, and have torn it completly down to the bare frame again due to a number of issues.
I spent most of this weekend trying to figure out a way to get the motor to sit lower. The first time around, the choke lever only cleared the bottom of the frame/fuel tank by about 1/4", the fuel shut-off valve is positioned as such that there is grief with being able to mount a fuel filter, and changing the air filter can't be done without removing the motor.
I've burned out most of my Dremel tools on the mounting plate this weekend and am now wondering if anyone out there has come up with a more inovative solution (maybe dispensing with the mount plate?).
Thanks
Barry

Any experience out there with an HS 4 stroke mounted in a GT-2 frame? I built one, put a few miles on it, and have torn it completly down to the bare frame again due to a number of issues.
I spent most of this weekend trying to figure out a way to get the motor to sit lower. .
Thanks
Barry
Post a few pics of of your set up and maybe we can come up with something.

Wow. You had a 1/4 inch clearance. That's good compared to my 1/16th clearance of choke lever on my Felt. As long as the tank is higher than your carb there should be no problem because it should siphon. Did the bike not run? MotorBicycling was right. Post some pics.

Back