HS won't start, wet plug..flooded?

Aaron Brown

Local time
10:18 PM
Won't turn over anymore. Was messing with the stock idle adjustment screw to 2 turns cc from seated and black screw to barely pushing throttle bar thing but not sure if this is right. Plug was black and wet. I set aside and installed new NKG 5 now...I have spark since it turned over with gas in cyclinder.

Was running fine before but sat for a couple weeks. It seems to be carb adjustment??
Thanks all

if you try to start it over and over and fail, the engine is probably flooded and you need to give it some time before trying again. you can also cheat and roll throttle back like 1/5-1/4 and then pull hard if it doesn't turn over and start after a few times than there might be something wrong.

also, it seems like you are being too greedy with that idle. the engine needs to have good idle rpm to stay on. you can slowly turn the adjustment screw 1/4 turns till you get it just right.

Screwed the idle all the way clockwise then backed off 1/4 turn. I believe it was around there when running well before...

Nothing yet. Pulled the plug and sat 1/2 day before I tried again. No dice. Throttle twist not really doing much, almost fired but immediately quit. ?

you are at full choke? continue turning the screw and see if it kicks in as a test. try priming the motor a bit too - one or two slow pulls to draw gas vapes into the motor and then pulling hard on the next few. if that doesnt kick it in then time to look at carb.

Thanks, no luck yet but I'll keep trying.. I cleaned the carb out shortly after problem started and looked fine to me overall. Maybe I messed something (gasket?) in the idle screw area but the carb has always been dependable overall

Back