HT cable snapped. MTB Brake cable ???

lildeezul

Local time
5:08 PM
On my engine from powerking i was pulling the clutch in, (which is very hard , but i have hand muscles. :D) anyways the thing snapped on me.

Can i use a old moutain bike brake cable for the clutch cable, as long as its long enough.
I am pretty sure i can.

My clutch sucks... when i lock it in place the motor still wants to move.

Yup, it'll work. I was pleasantly suprised with the $4 "tune up kit" from walmart with two long and two short cables; the cables had wax and the sheaths had nylon liners for real smooth operation.

yeah i got them from walmart...

But anyways my lever is still super hard to pull....

Theres a little bolt thats threaded on the right side of the engine that the clutch cable goes through, i had turned that to create a better angle with the clutch arm.. But it is still super hard to pull..

What are my other options... Also my cable tight, but i dont think it disengages the clutch arm fully becuase when i lock my lever in place, sometimes it can idle, and other times i can start my engine with the locked in place? what gives???

please any advice is needed! thanks

yeah i got them from walmart...

But anyways my lever is still super hard to pull....

Theres a little bolt thats threaded on the right side of the engine that the clutch cable goes through, i had turned that to create a better angle with the clutch arm.. But it is still super hard to pull..

What are my other options... Also my cable tight, but i dont think it disengages the clutch arm fully becuase when i lock my lever in place, sometimes it can idle, and other times i can start my engine with the locked in place? what gives???

please any advice is needed! thanks

To make for an easier pull you could 1) turn the clutch arm inwards toward the engine. Just take off bolt, lift arm off, and turn inwards a few splines.
2) take a short piece of tubing (I used copper) and extend the arm. I did both and can pull my clutch in with 1 finger. I also replaced lever and did the Walmart cables.....

Attachments

• April 2008 010.jpg
    April 2008 010.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 209
I think Dax sells a longer clutch lever that you can use to replace the stock one. That should give you better leverage.

Back