HT on a bike with square pipes?

gibblesnbits

Local time
10:59 AM
I am thinking of switching my HT motor over to a bicycle i just got (found it at a yard sale for $35) looks as if the bike was used 4 times then put in the garage. the only problem im facing with it is that the bottom pipe on it (see pic) is a square shape D: do you think it would be a problem?

bike: http://s546.photobucket.com/user/deadly_gibbs/media/bik1234.jpg.html
PS: you can see my current MB in that album also

definitely better to weld on, and a lot easier.

but... as long as the studs are wide enough apart to fit, then shouldnt be a big issue.

use longer studs, and a flat plate on top and bottom.

and possibly some crush tubes so you dont overtighten and squash the frame. thats the weak point. it will squash a lot easier than round.

that is the 100% identical bike to mine!!! heres what i did: got a 4mm bar about 10cm long by 4cm wide (bit big but oh well haha drilled 2 holes to match the motors front mounting holes, then screwed it to the motor, i then drilled one big hole in the centre of the metal trip (should be right in between the 2 motor screws) the mounted motor properly and well aligned and tightened the rear mount! the measure, line up and drill a hole in the tube bike frame that matches up with the middle hole in the metal strip you made- put a long bolt through both holes and tighten it up- u will have to add spacers between strip and motor and where ever necessary. (motor has to be removed as does the strip to get the bolt in place btw), works great, so strong i can put the clutch in-revv it hard and drop clutch with out the motor moving at all (not very smart but shows it holds :p )!! hope i helped ya mate

Back