HT quit while riding ???

Finally got the bike running again!:D

I replaced the CDI and it works now. It's taken so long because I was waiting on the CDI to arrive which it finally did on Saturday and I installed it today on my lunch break. I don't really know what happened to it because it didn't get wet. Can the kill switch damage the CDI? From reading on here I thought it would just screw up the magneto. Just in case, I'm not going to hook it back up. I'm going to Radio Shack to buy a switch to wire in. At least I have a spare magneto now. (unless it was actually bad too, I haven't tested it to see)

After trying all of the things I did above, I started looking at the CDI and saw a small bump in the plastic casing that I don't believe was there before. Of course I don't think there was anything else to try, but this made me really think that the CDI was bad. If I have time tonight I might post a picture of it. I don't know if anyone has seen this same condition or not.

:confused:

Ok, my excitement is gone now. The bike started yesterday, even though it took longer to start. Before I had problems it started immediately, but yesterday I had to pedal a while. Yesterday evening I replaced the exhaust gasket with some gasket material because the original was blown. After that it started too(still had to pedal a while) and I drove it up and down the block and then let it idle a little while to see how my gasket was going to hold up. It seemed to be running fine so I was going to ride it to work today.

Well guess what, it wouldn't start this morning. :mad: When I was on my way back up the street to get my truck it finally started sputtering but would not run. It just sputtered and quit a few times. Then my chain came off the sprocket.:censored: My fault because I replaced the rear wheel and didn't have the tension tight enough. I think getting the chain tension right has been more annoying than trying keep this thing running.

Yes, replacing the spark plug was one of the first things I did when I first had trouble.

I have the chain tension fixed now, but my neighbor came out and started talking until it was time for me to leave and I didn't have time to try and start it again. So I guess I will be trying again this afternoon.

On another note, when I was getting on my bike this morning(before I knew it wouldn't work) an older gentlemen who is always walking in the morning came over and started asking me about it. He said that he used to have a whizzer. I just thought that was cool. I've also met another guy who said that he had three motor bikes, but apparently he just does it for a hobby. I just want my to work so I can use it for transportation.

When I got home yesterday it started right up. hmmmm

This morning, didn't start right up. I then did something really simple such as choking it a little bit and it started immediately. Then when I thought about it, I remembered that Tuesday night when it started the choke was on but only by accident. The weird thing is before I had problems with it I never had to use the choke and it always started easily. Oh well, I guess I will just choke it now.

Back