Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke big bore kit

T

Tom Feight

I am a newbie to this engine but want to know a few things. Is there a Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke big bore kit? Where? Any other good performance upgrades. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Never seen one. I run the HS 144 53cc. It has a little more power. You can save time...and probably cash by just picking up a 80cc 4 stroke.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will follow your advice, I will see what Hua Sheng has.

Would be nice if the cylinder, piston and rings from the 144f were available as replacement parts, it's the only difference between the 142f and 144f. That would be a big bore kit that'd add 4cc to the 49cc...I have the 144f and dread the day it takes a poop with no replacement parts other than dropping down to the 142f cylinder, piston and rings...

From everything I've seen the 4 stroke engine to run is the 79cc predator for a daily commuter. It has many more options for power, including race cams, stiffer valve springs, race clutches with variable springs for different stall speeds, removing the governor for more rpm and HP and can run cvts (continuously variable transmissions) such as the comet torque-a-verter. The mod scene on the hs 142f and 144f engines seems to be done with nothing much popping out in years to mod it. Yes some transfer cases have been updated but the engine itself is a dead fish and can't be upgraded much...my next engine will be the 79cc predator.

I would like to think that my 144f will give me 100's of hours of use. I did 3 oil changes just in the first 10 hours. Oil capacity is minimal and oil is cheap....right? I don't flog my engine. I'm 240 lbs and my bike tops out at 44 km/h, and I cruise happily at around 35 km/h. I run the 4g B drive and a 44 tooth rear. My race bike with a 66cc Skyhawk is one i push harder....as I have a new spare engine, 2 complete top ends, extra rings, cdi's and carbs along with other spare parts I've stocked up on. Frankly I'm happy cruising at 35 km.....a beach cruiser isn't a motorcycle after all.

On a side note, I bought a new Benelli Pepe 50cc scooter a few weeks ago for an occasional work commuter and grocery getter. To legally register and insure a gas bike here in Canada (Alberta in my case) is a royal pain, thus the scooter. There are serious fines for not being compliant, though most police turn a blind eye, or don't know the legislation. I've added a windshield and a really nice pair of saddle bags since this pic was taken. A few more accessories to follow as well. Plus this Benelli goes faster!
20171213_144722.jpg

Thanks for the excellent information.I am assuming it is the
Predator Engine 79cc (3 HP) Harbor Freight.

Back