HuaSheng 142f Acceleration On/Off Bogging

B1ueSm0ke

Local time
11:55 AM
Hey folks,

I’ve got some kind of dead spot in throttle. When I open up throttle just a tiny bit she dies. If I open a bit more she runs.
But I’ve got some problems in accelerating while the clutch is slipping. The power goes like on off on off all the time and I don’t change my throttle position. Sometimes better sometimes worse. Once I get to the point where the clutch fully grips and the revs start to go up the problem is gone.

HS 49cc 4 stroke
Mixture needle 2 3/4 turns out
Carb cleaned
NGK Iridium Spark Plug

Thanks in advance!

Try opening up the mixture screw a little, like 1/4 turn. At low throttle you're still using the idle circuit, which is what the screw controls. Running a little fat at idle won't hurt and improves acceleration.

Hey folks,

I’ve got some kind of dead spot in throttle. When I open up throttle just a tiny bit she dies. If I open a bit more she runs.
But I’ve got some problems in accelerating while the clutch is slipping. The power goes like on off on off all the time and I don’t change my throttle position. Sometimes better sometimes worse. Once I get to the point where the clutch fully grips and the revs start to go up the problem is gone.

HS 49cc 4 stroke
Mixture needle 2 3/4 turns out
Carb cleaned
NGK Iridium Spark Plug

Thanks in advance!
Did you clean the idle jet with a strand of wire?

An unlikely scenario but happened to me: the plastic choke lever wore out the metal pin on my carb and it would vibrate the choke open and closed then open again. Would do that on off on off like you described. Took me hours to find it. Melted some plastic on it to have my choke permanently open.

Yes, I thoroughly cleaned my carb. Including every jet.
I tried turning a 1/4 counter clockwise. Didn’t change anything..
And the butterfly valve that actuates the choke is fine, too.
Don’t know what else to try. Maybe I’ll just change the carb for a different one

What's the weather like? Cold temps can cause a lean bogging condition if you're on the edge.
What's your exhaust small like, does it smell like exhaust or like nothing at all? Fatten up the idle mix until it stinks a little, then adjust for best idle speed.

Back