HuaSheng 142F carburator attachement problem

dmopedMA

Local time
7:21 PM
Hello!

I was cleaning my HuaSheng 142F carburetor and when I tried to attach it back to the cylinder I broke the thread on the cylinder side... anyone with tips on how to fix it before I got directly to tap it? I never had to tap anything before, so even tips on which tap size to use etc will be welcome.

Not sure of what breaking a thread means. Is the beginning of the thread cross threaded? If the threads are messed up tapping is the only fix. Take the bolt to an ace hardware store and they will give you the right size tap.

Well, I'm not 100% sure what the problem is but the bolt does not get screwed anymore, just spins "freely" inside the whole, so I bet the threads inside the hole are gone

5mm drill bit and M6 tap, might have to drill out the carb where the studs go. I drilled and tapped the exhaust for m6 and it worked. Pretty sure intake is m5 too so m6 will work.

Ok, when you tap has to be a bigger size... Newbe here...

I'll drill and tap with the next closest size.

I was able to fix it, only the beginning of the tread was broken, I used the M5 tap tool to restore the beginning of the thread and now it's working well. Thank you all for your help!

Back