HuaSheng 142F-cc 49cc Carburetor Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofojo

Local time
12:34 AM
I have had my bike for a couple months now and every time I ride I seem to be flooding the carb. She starts fine and can ride a little while, sometimes up to a mile or more but eventually the overflow drain hose starts leaking gas. I pull over and it is pouring gas out the overflow, I turn off fuel and unscrew the drain and wait till it drains, tighten and it starts right back up again.

So, first I did what is demo'ed in this video-

This did nothing - the float is not stuck and it moves smoothly up and down.

Next I am wondering if I should try what he is demonstrating in this video-

However, I am wondering if I am flooding the engine based on weight capacity - I am about 230 plus the weight of a cruiser and engine - sometimes a bag. It will certainly flood if I am at a stop and just hit full throttle without assistance. Any advice for a novice would certainly be appreciate.

Attachments

• motorbike.jpg
    motorbike.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 347
I too was having the same problem. I just posted a thread a couple days ago. In my case I was finding tiny black particles in the carb and then I realized they were coming from the lip of the gas tank. The paint was pealing off the lip every time I took the gas tank off.

I fixed it by emptying the fuel back into the can

Peal the paint off

Then flush the tank into a cup with a small bit of gas

Then you should be good to go

Last edited:
Unfortunately when I took my carb apart it did not have the configuration of the 2nd video. If the problem persists I think I will try what Talis has suggested as I too have seen some paint particles when I went into the carb.

hi i am also having the same issue but im even getting gas coming out the breather i have done tried both suggestion and i do not have any black paint chips in the gas anyone have and iseas id be truely greatful thanks

By Breather do you mean the carb drain hose? If that's the case just make sure that the drain screw is tightened. Not too tight. You'll feel when it's tight enough.

Oh I had that happen to me over night back when it was a problem. It wasted a whole tank of gas and the fuel switch didn't even stop the flow. Make sure the float needle is in good condition otherwise it won't stop the gas flow. You might want to check your oil too because when it happened to me it flooded the whole crankcase. Also when you reassemble the carb, try not to turn it on it's side or upside down. It'll help prevent the needle from sliding out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back