Huasheng 142F fuel delivery system?

MadCat

Local time
1:57 AM
Does the fuel tank have to be higher ( gravity fed ) than the engine with the HS 142f? Or does it function like a weed eater with the fuel tank under the engine and draws fuel? Just ordered my first HS 142f and I just need to know so I can figure out where to mount my fuel tank on my bike. Thanks

Yes. The fuel tank has to be higher (gravity fed). Four strokes per cycle engines' (HS 142f for example) carburetors have a float bowl and have to be kept level and fed from above unless you ad a pulse fuel pump. A weed eater's two strokes per cycle engines' Walbro carburetor does not have a float bowl. Therefore you don't need to keep it level to run.

How did this work out for you? I have the same challenge for fuel delivery to the carb.

I think it was DAX, they had the tank and mounting bracket/hardware ( sold separately )
The tank is semi clear which is nice to see how much fuel you have in there and it really doesn’t look bad at all, I was worried at first about how much taller the engine was gonna be but it turned out nice. Looks better factory than trying to tack on a fuel tank in my situation, I’m using the engine for a Staton Friction Drive.

Back