HuaSheng 142F gear hesitation

Kem732

Local time
7:52 AM
Best way I can discribe it .. all of a sudden, when I give the bike gas it studders an sounds like I'm about to break something? Seems like a gear tooth is broken maybe? BB it I'm not sure.. any help please

Best way I can discribe it .. all of a sudden, when I give the bike gas it studders an sounds like I'm about to break something? Seems like a gear tooth is broken maybe? BB it I'm not sure.. any help please
It will feel like it's skipping if there is a broken tooth on a gear, it might also jam the chain.

Yes I'm gonna take a closer look in the a.M. just hope it's Not 🚫 internal- seems to be coming from trans.. I might just remove trans & chain, start and check ✔️

Do you have the belt-drive primary or the chain-drive one? I've been wrestling with how loose we're supposed to run the belts, on mine.

That also sounds like a bushing issue, the bushing inside the clutch looses all its lubrication and starts to seize.
Check it out.

Hey Jerry......I talked to about 6 belt dealers today and none of them could give me a simple answer to the question of belt tension. There's a big formula and a couple of special tools if you really want to get anal. I finally found a video where a belt dealer stated that the general rule of thumb is 1/64" depression for every 1" of lineal travel. On our belt drive tranys the distance between contact points on the pulleys is 4". Lay a ruler on top the two pulleys and at the half way point you should be able to press it down 1/16". New belts stretch right away so the need to recheck this soon is advised. This seems tight but you don't want the belt skipping which will tear the teeth off in a big hurry.

Another thing I learned.........our belts are p/n HTD 575-5M-15. The HTD is a registered trade mark for GATES . The other guys do not show this. Even HTD belts are made in China. This size belt only comes with a fiberglass reinforced thread. Kevlar is not available for us in this size.

Yes, a possible explanation is the brass bushing has run out of
grease and is binding. To test it, just pull the bike on the ground
with the motor off and check if it moves easily.

Last edited:
Back