HuaSheng 142F Help

DistantWolrld101

I am running 10w-30 and i do have 10w-40 that i can swap it out with both rotella synthetic if that would make a difference also got some 5w-30/40 Penz

gary55

I am running 10w-30 and i do have 10w-40 that i can swap it out with both rotella synthetic if that would make a difference
The oil you are using is fine. Viking is talking about a 2 stroke engine. Since you are in Michigan You are probably at a low elevation so I doubt you would need any re-jetting as these carbs are most likely setup for a sea level tune. If it's running good I would leave it alone and ride it.

The_Aleman

I am running 10w-30 and i do have 10w-40 that i can swap it out with both rotella synthetic if that would make a difference also got some 5w-30/40 Penz
Either 10w30 works or 10w40 in summer.. I've tried just about everything in mine since 2010. Rotella syn or non-syn is great oil, I've used 15w40 since 2012. I don't recommend the 5w30 Penz simply because I think it's garbage oil for aircooled engines. I used to run aircooled Bugs and never had any luck with Pennzoil. Long time ago, but Rotella is great for these, I think.

CrazyDan

Either 10w30 works or 10w40 in summer..
That's exactly what I do. The higher the second number the higher of a temperature it can reach before losing viscosity.
Using 15w, when you pop your valve cover is there oil in there? If so, I might swap to that. Was worried going thicker might affect valve oiling.
As for the topic of this thread, don't just ride with it running lean enough to make your plug white, hell, I even avoid grey. You would need to idle much much longer than you ran at wot for it to completely override the color of a main jet issue.
Get some solder, micro drill bit set and a new ngk plug. To get to the main jet you will need to remove the bowl and unscrew the brass jet out of that center post with a flathead screwdriver. When you get it out find the drill bit that that fits in the main jet snug. Then slowly step up on bit at a time till it bogs when you try to go full throttle. Heat up the jet however you can, hotplate for a coffee maker works, then put a bead of solder in to fill the hole up. Then drill out to the last bit before it bogged. As mentioned before, with the idle (pilot) jet you first turn out the black plastic air screw 1 1/2 turns then you can start on the idle jet. Turn it to where it will start and let it warm up. Then you will want to turn it left till it dies, then turn it right a little bit.