Huasheng 142f jumps off sprocket

carolinareaper03

Local time
2:55 AM
My chain has been jumping off of the sprocket numerous times lately and I’m wondering if anyone has any idea on why it keeps doing this. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Attachments

• AA9229E7-C49B-4B0B-BFF7-77767FE861F8.jpeg
    AA9229E7-C49B-4B0B-BFF7-77767FE861F8.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 180
Your chain appears to have some damage from the picture you posted. Chains usually end up being troublesome once they are damaged.

Some people have run #41 to compensate for imperfect sprocket alignment. I've been guilty of this in the past, too. What I have noticed tho, is that using #41 on a sprocket meant for #410 increases the risk of chain (and sprocket) damage. There's just too much wiggle room for the chain, and that leads to damage. I feel that #41 chain is too wide (and too heavy) for use on sprockets that are meant for single-speed bicycle chain. It may work fine for a while, but in situations like hitting bumps while leaning mid-turn, that's when all that extra play works against you. A damaged chain is never the same again.

I wouldn't go wider than #415. If that still proves troublesome, one needs to address imperfections in the alignment between sprockets.

Your chain appears to have some damage from the picture you posted. Chains usually end up being troublesome once they are damaged.

Some people have run #41 to compensate for imperfect sprocket alignment. I've been guilty of this in the past, too. What I have noticed tho, is that using #41 on a sprocket meant for #410 increases the risk of chain (and sprocket) damage. There's just too much wiggle room for the chain, and that leads to damage. I feel that #41 chain is too wide (and too heavy) for use on sprockets that are meant for single-speed bicycle chain. It may work fine for a while, but in situations like hitting bumps while leaning mid-turn, that's when all that extra play works against you. A damaged chain is never the same again.

I wouldn't go wider than #415. If that still proves troublesome, one needs to address imperfections in the alignment between sprockets.
Thank you very much for the advice I really appreciate it

Back