huasheng 142f need help with timing can someone help me

coryminks

Local time
12:35 AM
the oil seal where the clutch is the oil seal went out i replaced the seal now i need to put the motor back in time

Compression stroke is when piston is TDC and both valves are closed with a few .001ths of play in the rocking motion.

Tried to find a you tube video on timing the 142f cam mark and such but no luck. Maybe I wasn't using the right search terms.

There is a timing mark on the cam. You line that up with the mark in the case when the piston is at top dead center on the compression stroke.
ok when i took the cover off again the rods came out of it how do i put the rods back in

ok when i took the cover off again the rods came out of it how do i put the rods back in
You gotta loosen the rocker arms and put the pushrods back in correctly after timing the cam correctly. Then you want to tighten the valves back to around .004" intake and .006 exhaust after everything is back in right.

You gotta loosen the rocker arms and put the pushrods back in correctly after timing the cam correctly. Then you want to tighten the valves back to around .004" intake and .006 exhaust after everything is back in right.
i'm going out on a limb on this one i suppose there's no pictures showing on how they're supposed to look like

Auto zone should have what you need, make sure it goes down to .004" at least. The thinnest feelers are as thin as paper and can cut you on accident. Just one notebook paper thickness off on valve lash will make your engine a dog.

CrazyDan must be the only person on the planet I 've ever heard get whooped by a feeler guage, effin priceless! Bwahahahahaha

Back