Huasheng 142F sputtering after hitting a bump..

Robocam

Local time
6:56 PM
Need some advise on a new install and new engine. Starts fine and runs great, but when I go over a bump, the engine sputters and loses power. Full throttle does nothing. It usually stalls out. If I go over another bump, it comes back to full power with no sputtering.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• 15398266636131655455808.jpg
    15398266636131655455808.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 234
Gas cap vent issue, float sticking in carb not letting bowl fill correctly, fuel line issue. Just guesses, does it die immediately? Could be electrical as in kill sw short or bad spark plug wire issue. Shorting to ground. I'd be looking on the fuel side if it were me.

Sounds like the float.
Yes it is the float. On a 2 mile trip it sticks about 3 times. Have to get off my bike and lift the bike and drop it hard to get it unstuck. Any fix for that, or should I get another carburetor? Maybe a 2 stroke one.

Robocam, did you ever resolve your carb troubles? Tom from Rubicon

No it's still the same. I'm sure it's the float that's sticking, as every time I hit a bump it stalls out, then when I hit another bump, it's back to normal. It is the stock carburetor, btw. Just ordered an NT carburetor and intake adapter to hopefully solve this problem. It is a new engine, so everything is clean. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Back