HuaSheng 142f to 144f upgrade questions

Same size except the piston is a lil bigger. We're talking apples and oranges here. There is no governor on these motors like the honda gxh has from the factory. They are rev limited through design by the flywheel magnets and the cdi being different on the 142f, not the 144f. The aleman and crazydan can explain this a lot better. It states on the grubee site there is no rev limiter on these motor, 144f's. They recommend even to use a tachometer to limit your rpm's to 6800 in order to not over rev the motor. A governor limits the throttle on the carb directly off of crank shaft speed by mechanical means. Does not apply to HS 142f and 144f motors.

I'm curious about the no rev limiter on this batch of 144s because mine was rev limited when I bought mine a few years ago and had to use the flywheel and mag off my pre-2011 142f.

Friend of mine got a 76MM 142F the same way a couple years ago, he left the limiter intact. He also had the blocked adjustment "EPA carb" and ended up replacing his carb instead of mucking with it. I don't think this applies to the keyed shaft 142F, but the factories producing these have a remarkable way of changing things up.

Yea the rev limited 142f's disappoint ya at about 21mph max. Older ones I had would do 30mph at least w/a 1-1/8th roller.

My 144f-1g from grubee (at $204 after shipping) was limited at about 6870 rpm according to my tach. No carb adjustments changed that rev limit. It did 27 mph at a 20:1 reduction to my 26" wheel. Swapping the magneto and flywheel got me to 35 mph with no gear ratio adjustments. My 144f was rev limited from 2016. So I'm looking forward to this new batch if its truly not rev limited.

For whatever reason, the Huesheng 53cc still isn’t in stock at Grubees website.

It lists April 11 as the date they come in but I’m getting nothing yet...

For whatever reason, the Huesheng 53cc still isn’t in stock at Grubees website.

It lists April 11 as the date they come in but I’m getting nothing yet...
Still nothing

No contact info either

I ordered an ignition unit for a 142F and it was not governed. My 144F is not running any governed ignition unit either. With the low gearing I am running I wish it was. Gonna flip through another ignition unit I have off of an older 142. That engine appears to have survived 20+ years. The cam was blown on it and replaced that. Otherwise thing runs like a well oiled sewing machine.

Back