HuaSheng 142f to 144f upgrade questions

rstiemert

Local time
6:20 AM
I'm looking to upgrade from my HuaSheng 142f to either the 144f or just go to the 79cc predator. I have all the parts for the HuaSheng including lots of aftermarket parts that I couldn't use with the predator.

My questions are; with exception of the piston size, is there any difference in sizing between the 142f and the 144f (will my exhaust from the 142 and other parts on the 144 indeed fit?) and what motor would you choose and why?

My questions are; with exception of the piston size, is there any difference in sizing between the 142f and the 144f (will my exhaust from the 142 and other parts on the 144 indeed fit?) and what motor would you choose and why?
Yes.
I doubt you will be able to find a HS 144 engine though.

Yes.
I doubt you will be able to find a HS 144 engine though.

Excellent. Thanks for your help again, brother. I was lucky enough to track a new one down from a gentleman on here actually. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I'll get an extra 1mph more out of her lol.

The only way to gain additional overall mph going from the 49cc to the 53cc would be to have a lower gear ratio or ungoverning the engine. Just swapping out the engine you'll notice increased torque but no speed change other than a higher speed running uphill than before.

The only way to gain additional overall mph going from the 49cc to the 53cc would be to have a lower gear ratio or ungoverning the engine. Just swapping out the engine you'll notice increased torque but no speed change other than a higher speed running uphill than before.
do you know how to ungovern the engine?

You gotta get a flywheel and magneto from an older hs 142f before they were electronically governed and swap them to your current hs 142f or 144f. Ungoverning my engine brought my top speed up from 27 mph to 35 mph on the same gear ratio. Not advisable to run at high rpms much, connecting rod will snap. I've searched everywhere for a billet connecting rod, looks like if I want my engine to last I'd need a machine shop to make one...I can't help myself...

Dan how are they regulated electronically? The pickup coil is a simple animal and doesn't look like there's any circuits in it. Billet connecting rod, is that a special rod? On fleabay they sell the rods, crankshafts for the 142f. Is yours' different?

Dan how are they regulated electronically? The pickup coil is a simple animal and doesn't look like there's any circuits in it. Billet connecting rod, is that a special rod? On fleabay they sell the rods, crankshafts for the 142f. Is yours' different?
I know for certain there is no mechanical governor. I swapped over just the magneto just to try it out, it started right up but instantly died when any throttle was given. the older flywheel is timed 20 degrees off from the newer ones. A billet con-rod would be one machined from a block and not drop forged, normally this would be a mod done if rpms are increased. the stock rod can't handle screaming above 8k rpm long, awaiting mine to asplode.

dan is correct, it is in the ignition. Im wondering though, since the honda gxh50 is basically the same engine with no rpm limit, if ordering a replacement flywheel and CDI for that engine, would work...? any thoughts?

or heck, since they would both be the newer version at this point, maybe just the cdi alone would work?

Back