HuaSheng 142f to 144f upgrade questions

I have a brand new 142f made in 2013, glad I didn't sell it now.

It all depends on timing from the flywheel.
must be different. i ordered a replacement cdi for the honda engine (granted, it was only a $10 from china on ebay) and the engine had no power. it started and idled, but would not push the bike with me on it.

that being said, if i changed out the flywheel, with one for a honda ghx50, you think that help solve the issue?

Last edited:
The honda gxh 50cc pickup coil will not interchange and work with the HS 142f. I know from swapping them out and testing them. They look alike but there's a subtle difference in the way they mount. It puts the timing off just enough not to work correctly is my theory.

Last edited:
so do you think a honda cdi/flywheel combination would work?

also, maybe im looking in to your post above too much, but have you actually cut in to and opened up one of these limited CDIs? If so, im curious what you saw.... (as that is what im about to do...) lol

Last edited:
It's just a pickup coil, no electronics in it. You can tell that by just looking at it. I've never cut into one. I do know the older HS 142f's were faster than these newer ones. Exactly when is a good guess, maybe when they were EPA approved.

It's just a pickup coil, no electronics in it. You can tell that by just looking at it. I've never cut into one. I do know the older HS 142f's were faster than these newer ones. Exactly when is a good guess, maybe when they were EPA approved.
Its not quite like you think, I have an older flywheel/ magneto combo that cannot interchange at all. The pickup is at the exact same spot with both. No mix/match can make it work right unless its the matched parts. The magneto fires the spark at a different time from old to new, even if using the same flywheel. Something magical is happening in the magneto.

I could swear back in 08 I had a 142F FD setup with 1-1/8th roller and I could go 30mph. With these newer ones I top out at 22mph with the exact same setup.

I could swear back in 08 I had a 142F FD setup with 1-1/8th roller and I could go 30mph. With these newer ones I top out at 22mph with the exact same setup.
That would be ungoverned vs governed. If you still have the old engine scavenge the flywheel and magneto to get 30 mph back

well guys, i just did it!!!! After taking the CDI and flywheel off of the huasheng, and replacing them with replacement parts for a honda gxh50, i was able to remove the RPM limiter. Im unable to ride it for a few days, but after lifting the back tire off of the ground in my garage, and holding the throttle wide open several times before, i got a feel for what it sounds like completely maxed out. After making the switch tonight, and performing the same test, that engine made sounds ive never heard from it before! It revved up higher than any weed eater ive ever heard, i honestly believe if i would have held that throttle i would have blown the engine. Vibrated like ive never felt before, too haha.

anyways, i hope this information helps someone in the future..

The part number for the Honda CDI is 30500-ZM7-014
and the flywheel is 31110-ZM7-004

I just searched ebay for both of those numbers and got the CDI for less than 10 shipped, and the flywheel was $30 shipped.

Last edited:
Back