HuaSheng 142f to 144f upgrade questions

you may be right. i wont know until my Tach arrives, but it is without a doubt higher than the huasheng

I found the cdi you mentioned but most were aftermarket unbranded parts that have the same PN on then that the stock Huasheng CDI has.
Also at the moment I found only the Honda OEM flywheel and its listed at $50. Maybe another will pop up soon.
It seems you got lucky

nah, i just bought the cheapest, unbranded, parts i could find on ebay lol. Ive never had bad luck buying outdoor power equipment (small engine) parts on ebay, so i felt fairly safe taking the chance. Looks like both sellers still have some available. Ebay item numbers 263846392569 and 292688939553. Those are the exact items, from the same sellers, that i just bought from a week ago

Last edited:
Awesome results!!!! You've found out how to ungovern the engine without needing an old engine for the parts. Try not to hang out at high rpms for long, but 9k rpm is good for 35 mph with a 20:1 reduction.

I'd be curious to see what difference the key way position on the HS flywheel and honda flywheel are and then possibly machine a new keyway into the HS flywheel. Find put what the degree difference is. If it's not that great an offset key might do the trick. I've still got some from my go-kart racing days.

I'm curious to see if I get the same results as you. I love to tinker and so I took the plunge and ordered the intem numbers you listed.
Now I'm waiting for delivery and time to swap parts.

20% ! That's huge. Well maybe not huge but damn big .
Still cant wait to stack them up and do a camparison. I have a couple HS flywheels laying about to play with.
Yay new projects!

Back