HuaSheng 142f to 144f upgrade questions

i didnt take a measurement, but there is a difference between the 2 flywheels. and honestly, it looked like about 20 degrees. Whatever the difference is, its enough to let the engine still start and idle, it just doesnt make any power (stalls out) when you go to accelerate

if you do modify a huasheng flywheel to match the honda, keep in mind youll still need the honda cdi

Last edited:
I'll cross the CDI bridge when I get that far. I want to compare part numbers on the HS and After Market CDIs I have to the one I ordered on Ebay from the numbers you posted.

I finally checked those part numbers you linked... $80 to ungovern an engine... horrible. But at least you figured out how to do it without old parts.

I finally checked those part numbers you linked... $80 to ungovern an engine... horrible. But at least you figured out how to do it without old parts.
eh "horrible" is an opinion word.. lol. and i didnt buy the OEM parts for $40 a piece, i bought unbraded ebay knockoffs, costed $40 total. worth every penny, to me

I’m ready to buy a 4 stroke, but wouldn’t the Honda be cheaper?

Cdi, flywheel, & cam would add up.

INTY_ty. if your gonna buy the 144f wait, it says on the website they will not come rev limited.

INTY_ty. if your gonna buy the 144f wait, it says on the website they will not come rev limited.

Rev limited as in with the governor because according to Grubee, they do come in w/out the rev limiter. That is one difference between the 142 & the 144; the 144 has no governor.

Btw, the 144 will be here April 11 2019, so tomorrow!

Anyone know if it’s the same physical size as the 142???

Rev limited as in with the governor because according to Grubee, they do come in w/out the rev limiter. That is one difference between the 142 & the 144; the 144 has no governor.

Btw, the 144 will be here April 11 2019, so tomorrow!

Anyone know if it’s the same physical size as the 142???
Same size.

Back