HuaSheng 142F vs Honda GXH50 vs Dax XC50s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems reasonable, but then there is getting someone in the states to buy a bunch to cut down shipping.

Seems reasonable, but then there is getting someone in the states to buy a bunch to cut down shipping.
Trail Tech is all made in the USA, so if they started to make charging system kits for the GXH50/142f, what would have to be shipped and why would anyone need to buy a bunch? I can understand if professional motorized bicycle builders wanted to resell, since that's what they do, but the Chinese are completely out of the loop on this one. I did send an email to their tech support last night, and suggested that they consider making a kit for us. It would sure be nice to be able to bolt on a complete charging system to run the lights. I hope they consider it, I don't think they can loose. It never hurts to try. More often than not, nobody ever takes me seriously (I don't hesitate to suggest good ideas for products and services that aren't exactly available to companies that could make them available, and make money doing it, I'm opinionated), but sometimes they do, and in that case, they usually "one up my suggestion, and take it to a level that I hadn't imagined. The Chinese are really good about that, they are always wondering what it is that we Americans will want to buy next, before any of their competitors do. When customers go out of their way to tell them what we want, they usually pay attention. I've been considering suggesting that they send me a sample of whatever their newest models of electronic entertainments are, so that I can write the damn instructions for them in a way that they can actually be understood. But I don't have room for bunches of televisions. But wouldn't it be nice to get something made in China that came with instructions that actually made sense? Surely, you know what I'm talking about, everyone has puzzled over cryptic instructions that make no sense whatsoever. And a great deal of the time they actually DO make sense, they are just incorrect. I think they use "Google Translator" to write instructions for us. It would sure explain a lot.

"ALL YOU BASES IS BELONG TO US"

Yeah, if Trail Tech made a complete system, I'd buy it. I love their TTO tach and Vapor.

Quality-made stuff. Unlike some other places we know that make stuff.

"RUSSIAN IVAN GRINS PREDATORILY. HE GREEDILY SETS HIS BAG FOR OUR EVERYTHING"

Trail Tech is all made in the USA, so if they started to make charging system kits for the GXH50/142f, what would have to be shipped and why would anyone need to buy a bunch?
A bunch of HS144F-D1 engines with the electrical system in them, not the regulator, you can't find them in the states and far too expensive to buy them 1 at time from China.

GreenMantis was hypothetically saying if a company like TrailTech made a bolt-on charging system for non-genny engines, there would be no need
to buy the rare and ridiculously wide genny engine itself. For example, Phantom Bikes has a bolt-on system already (albeit just for a light).

There was a member of the other forum who hand-made parts for a bolt-on charging system as well - and was going to sell it - but changed his mind.
His system was quite compact and required only a small cut-out mod to the fan shroud and a Holmes Hobbies voltage regulator ($15).

It's obviously possible to have a bolt-on charging system on the standard HS142. We just need someone to make it!

GreenMantis was hypothetically saying if a company like TrailTech made a bolt-on charging system for non-genny engines, there would be no need
to buy the rare and ridiculously wide genny engine itself.
I like that idea.
The main problem with that option is the fan mounted rotor magnet.
It is only meant to give the CDI a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back