Huasheng 142f Winter Storage

FWIW... I simply do #1 and #2 ... and have for 18 years now each October... and each April when I go to fire up ... all it takes is refueling and at most two pulls. The key to success is to use non-ethanol fuel in your small engines ...and run `em dry when you're done with them at the end of the season. All the rest is a littel gravy I guess... and certainly doesn't hurt.

I've only owned a home for 18 years. Prior to that I owned a Condo (and lived in So. Cal). In So. Cal... you NEVER "winterize" anything...as you're mowing year-round...

At your age and only 18 years doing that now???...And only in October and April???...lol...I was taught how to do #1 and #2 at a very early age...lol...lol.
I've only owned a home for 18 years. Prior to that I owned a Condo (and lived in So. Cal). In So. Cal... you NEVER "winterize" anything...as you're mowing year-round...
I was joking and was talking about potty training...lol...That one must have flown right over your head like a 747...lol...lol....#1 and #2 ???...lol...lol.

Here's the factory recommended procedure: (for 4 strokes)
1. Siphone all the gas from the gas tank
2. Start the engine and run it until the engine stops, and all the gas in the carb is gone
3. Remove the spark plug.
4. Add about 5 cc's or 5-10ml of 30 wt oil to the engine throught spark plug hole.
5. If a 4 stroke pull the starter rope 5-10 times to distribute the oil in the motor.
6. Re-install the spark plug.
7. Pull the starter rope until you feel resistance, to close the valves.
8. You're finished. Store at any temp.
I do this and my snowblower and lawnmower usually start with one pull
after storage for 9 months in cold weather.
Mike, you forgot to mention 3 Hail Mary's and 3 Rain Dances are needed too.

Back