Huasheng 31cc 4 stroke

lianikova

Local time
6:21 PM
Hi all have had this engine for about a year now and it ran like a champ
Then it stated to act buggy, hard to start, then it will only start in full throttle. cleaned filter, plug, blew the lines. What do you think?
Diaphragm ? place for parts...?

And for the fun of it I had bought a second engine from ebay new....
Bright and shiny mounted it had to jerry rig the cable and was do proud.
Then wnet to pull it thru, it seems to be wrecked on the inside, had to pull like heck to get it to move an inch..... so off it came, anyone needing a good doorstop?

Any help thanks!

Are you sure this motor is a 4 stroke? How much oil does the reservoir hold? Does it have overhead valves?.......if it is 4 stroke how does the primer bulb pump? Does it hold a vacuum when you pump it and close the line off? Cracked fuel lines? Air leak, loose carb bolts?

Huasheng carbs are really susceptible to getting gummed up inside. There's some really tiny holes that get plugged up easy. The o-rings on the jets are also subject to damage.

I would start with cleaning the carb and inspecting the o-rings. Give it a good cleaning and see if that helps. My 49CC Huasheng's carb has gummed up a half dozen times in 2 years.

Keep us posted!

Didn't know HS made a 31cc 4 stroke, OP must think i'm nuts. Ale is on the right track but i'm still thinking to check that diaphram to see how it pumps and holds a vacuum.

If HS makes it i'd have faith that its a quality motor with my experience w/titans.

Hi all, can you give me as much info on this engine/ carb as you can.
Are there any vids on disassembly, part for this from who?
O ring standard, not a big mechanic, but can muddle thru.

As for what has been asked it is a 4 stroke, the bulb seems to work fine, pumping fuel up and down. I fear taking it all apart as those lil pcs goes missing, or I fail to remember where they went.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221048719628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I wonder if this will work. I have asked for pix from them of all sides. will upload them here when in.

VRRROOOM to you all!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
532901581_tp.jpg

This the type of kit and engine 31cc 4 stroke, holds about 3.5 oz of oil.

There's not a lot of pieces to these small engine carbs, they are quite simple. There's only about 6 pieces to my 49CC HS carb.

I've never had a smaller HS carb, so I couldn't tell you the exacts of it. But modern US gasoline being as crappy as it is, carbs can act up and fuel filters seem to not last as long.
It shouldn't be difficult to take it apart and clean it with some carb cleaner and canned or compressed air.

By the way, you did replace the fuel filter, right? Mine lasts about 8-10 months before it needs replacing.

Back