Huasheng 4 MB Build: 1st Impressions

Decided to take a gamble and motorize my 26” V frame MB with a Huasheng 49cc from Gasbike Racer. Had no problem mounting and clearing the frame with the engine. Did away with the wide pedal crank, since I can make do with just a pair of pedal extenders. Overall, the enigine performs and sounds like a real motorcycle. At less than half throttle, the bike effortlessly cruises at 25 mph smoothly and quietly, so I think it can eventually do 30 mph…perhaps even higher. The big looming question with this build, is just how long can the centrifugal clutch last. Pedaling from a stop-start is probably a good idea to make the clutch last a bit longer.

Other issues and questions to address, are spark plug upgrades. The manual sez to use a TORCH A5RTC plug, and never to use a spark plug with an incorrect heat range…which it doesn’t specify. Some here on this forum recommend upgrading to a NGK 7544 Iridium IX CR7HIX spark plug, however there is no way of knowing if it is heat range compliant with this particular 4 stroke engine.

Another unsolved mystery are the two open ended dangling tubes from the left-right side carb as pictured. What are they for ? If anyone has an answer for that, I’d appreciate it.

Attachments

• HS4-MB-BUILD.jpg
    HS4-MB-BUILD.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 511
  • LeftCarbTube.jpg
    LeftCarbTube.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 240
  • RightCarbTube.jpg
    RightCarbTube.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 236
Back