Huasheng 4-stroke chinese engine won't start

Haha! Thanks funny man, I'm glad you decided not to junk the engine. I'm sure people get really turned off by the necessary amount of "tinkering" required with these kits to get them running. For us who are mechanically inclined, it's addicting! (My wife asked me today if I was having an affair with my bike :)

Mine started first try

My grubee skyhawk started on the first pull and ran smoothly, after removing the kill switch on the throttle. Had it connected incorrectly. The engine is fairly quiet with just grease on the gears. I recommend not using gear oil. I'm satisfied with this engine. Mike S

I agree with the grease only position. I use Lucas X-tra Heavy Duty- pretty green color. I liberally applied it to the first, intermediate and final gears and pack more in behind the intermediate before putting the cover back on. I hear only the chain and the engine- gears not at all.

From time to time you will see posts with people talking about how noisy the Grubee gearbox is- older ones maybe, and without proper grease, surely, but I got mine last August and it is quiet with grease.

The Grubee Skyhawk II needs some "bodging" to get it right, but when it is set up- it is really quite good.

I use the Honda engine and it is a rev happy, mini-motorcycle sounding little beast. I love it.

Hey I have just gotten a hausheng 4stroke on a bike from my uncle and while transporting it the bike fell over onto the right side and since then it hasn’t fully started like I get it started but I give it throttle and the engine just putters out it worked great before this and it’s been a few days and it’s still not running any body know how to fix this

Hey I have just gotten a hausheng 4stroke on a bike from my uncle and while transporting it the bike fell over onto the right side and since then it hasn’t fully started like I get it started but I give it throttle and the engine just putters out it worked great before this and it’s been a few days and it’s still not running any body know how to fix this
Try cleaning the carb, sounds like some dirt got loose in the wreck and is plugging up your carb. Just pull the carb off and drain the little bit of fuel in it and remove the float bowl and check over the float and float needle. Rinse out the needle seat with some carb cleaner and put it back together.

Back