Huasheng 4 stroke keeps wanting to die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup found that video already. It's basically how to hook up a carb. Not clean it.

And now… mine simply will not start. I got it started a few times last night while it's up on the kickstand but as soon as I stop the rear wheel and try to get on it dies.
Few tries like this then it simply would not restart at all.

I'm going to have to order replacement gaskets and just completely take this thing apart. Was hoping I could get it going on Memorial day though. Gonna keep trying, tweaking that adjustment screw more.
Unless parts show up in time.

Heck, I just might pick up a whole new carb. Have one on hand to swap out when this happens again… and I'm sure it will.

It's brand new. Long saga… bought this 4 stroke kit from thatsdax (never again….)
His home made clutch cover was pure crap. And it didn't cover the clutch at all. I didn't even get a full summer of rides in and the thing failed. Took it apart and sure enough, every manner of gunk and road crap was inside there.
So… found a heavy duty three pad clutch and bought a whole new SEALED transmission. Had to get a new chain (smaller gear) then had to get the whole rear wheel rebuilt as the bearings were shot.
So all of this is brand new. And when this new motor is running it has no problem hauling my hefty self up hills where my 2 stroke would stall out. So I don't think the clutch is the issue here.

Now I MIGHT… have the chain a bit tight. Any more slack and it slaps the fender. (already cut that back.)
Still that shouldn't account for my not being able to start the motor now.

I just ordered a gasket kit. My thinking here, there are two jets in these things right? I only got access to one of them. It's gotta be the one I couldn't get to that keeps it idoling right???
I'll try taking it apart again after my gaskets show up. Meanwhile until my arm falls off trying, I'll keep trying to fire it up. Still got that START stuff in the gas. MABEY that will clear things up if I can get enough of it through.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thought I had the problem down. There was a black mystery cable coming from the motor I don't recall removing… Neighbor suggested it's a vacuum line
Well it's not.
I found a photo of this motor new and that black hose goes into the air filter. Fits perfectly there. Hooked it up. Still the bike will NOT fire. And I can't even pull all the way.
Already chipped the hand grip because several times it snapped back to the motor right out of my hand.

Ever try to restart a lawnmower when the blades are totally clogged with grass? How that simply won't pull at all unless you clear out the grass? Well that's how this feels.
I can barely get the motor to turn one time. Can't even pull all the way. NO fire at all.

Only two things I have not tried is disconnecting the kill button. I doubt that's the issue though. Go back to my first post here. Bike WAS running, just dying at stops, when I'd coast and let off the gas, and got harder and harder to start. So kinda doubt it's the kill switch.
And checking the spark plug since I don't have a single socket that fits AND is long enough. Husband said he'd look at it, but that's not happening either. Again it WAS running. Still thinking somehow this is a carb thing. But dang, I cleaned it TWICE now. Last one it soaked in carb cleaner for almost two days, blasted it with air, put in new gaskets…. NOTHING.

I need to locate a mechanic since clearly I have no clue what else to do here.
Very frustrated. I so love to ride on Memorial day. Not going to happen….. again.
Really wishing I would have just bought a new 2 stroke when my old one wore out. Never had NEAR the issues I'm having with this.

So how does anyone find a mechanic for these? Car shops look at me like I'm crazy. Bike shops won't even let it in the door with a gas motor on it.
Maybe I can find someone with a bunch of lawn mowers for sale. Good bet they know how to fix up the motors right?

Just disgusted.

That air/fuel mixture screw should be tightened all the way IN, don't need it to be too tight just till it stops. Then back it out 1-1/2 turns. That gets you to where it will start then you can fine tune it to where it will idle fine and not bog down when increasing the RPM's. Where are you located? maybe someone on here is near you to help. That black idle jet will probably need new orings if you boogered the old ones up or they're just hard and brittle. Harbor freight has a metric oring kit that has ones that will work though not exact. Thatsdax might have them, call Duane. Ereplacement.com you can order the part from exploded view from a Honda GXH 50cc, lil pricey but they work. A new carb wouldn't hurt at all in your predicament, keep old one as a spare once you figure stuff out.

Well… ok, lets make sure I know which screw is which.
The air/fuel mixture… thats the one on the side…. Gotta be, since it did effect the idol. So ok, all the way IN then out 1 1/2 Will try.

Black idle jet???? Is that the one… gotta unscrew a black plastic tap screw, pop out a plastic thing? That did have an 0 ring. First attempt it was ok, second full cleaning it got mangled.
I have O rings for jewelry that were too thick. But then I have some for steal darts that were just about the same size as the original. OR possibly ever so slightly thinner. Got one of those on there now and it seemed to be a good seal.
BUT if that isn't quite fat enough, could that be what's preventing me from even pulling the cord without braking my arm? I would think if the ring isn't thick enough too much fuel would find it's way through, not be cut off.

BTW… I'm NEVR calling Dax again. This has been nothing but foul ups since I got it. Buying his full kit was a mistake. He forgot several bolts AND the pedal crank then sent a pedal crank that is bent. (One pedal moves oddly. Don't pedal much so not too concerned. I'll replace that at some point.) His wiz bang motor mount was absolutely impossible to fit. Had to buy a standard one. Still had to fabricate that a bit but at least got it to work on my bike. His idea of a clutch cover is just sad. Doesn't cover the clutch AT ALL. ALl sorts of road gunk got in there. I didn't even get one full summer season out of it. Gees he even put up a youtube video later about how to install his crap home made welded tin cover. What a convoluted system. And even in his own video he's like…. "well there's a hole in this one, maybe I'll cover that with a sticker." A sticker? Seriously? Cheap piece of tin with bendable doo dads to attach it with. Total garbage. Resulted in my needing to replace the clutch AND entire transmission. I don't know why people suggest thatsdax. I sure got one heck of a lemon deal. I'm never calling him. Guy is a moron.

My location is nowhere land SW Michigan. Dinky town called Keeler. (Look for Hartford right off I94, Keeler is 6 miles south.) There is NOTHING here. Already been thinking of ways to attach some kind of stand to my small trailer (holds a riding mower.) Something like a pipe with a cross pipe at the base, clamp it onto the trailer real good so I can stand the bike against that and strap everything down. Until I do that, transporting it isn't happening. Tried twice and both times something got broke. Gotta stand it up and support it. (Be my next project. Be nice to take it places anyway.) I know there are a few houses I pass all the time with tons of lawn mowers always on the front lawn up for sale. I'm thinking that might be my best bet.

Thought I had the problem down. There was a black mystery cable coming from the motor I don't recall removing… Neighbor suggested it's a vacuum line
Well it's not.
I found a photo of this motor new and that black hose goes into the air filter. Fits perfectly there. Hooked it up. Still the bike will NOT fire. And I can't even pull all the way.
Already chipped the hand grip because several times it snapped back to the motor right out of my hand.

Ever try to restart a lawnmower when the blades are totally clogged with grass? How that simply won't pull at all unless you clear out the grass? Well that's how this feels.
I can barely get the motor to turn one time. Can't even pull all the way. NO fire at all.

Only two things I have not tried is disconnecting the kill button. I doubt that's the issue though. Go back to my first post here. Bike WAS running, just dying at stops, when I'd coast and let off the gas, and got harder and harder to start. So kinda doubt it's the kill switch.
And checking the spark plug since I don't have a single socket that fits AND is long enough. Husband said he'd look at it, but that's not happening either. Again it WAS running. Still thinking somehow this is a carb thing. But dang, I cleaned it TWICE now. Last one it soaked in carb cleaner for almost two days, blasted it with air, put in new gaskets…. NOTHING.

I need to locate a mechanic since clearly I have no clue what else to do here.
Very frustrated. I so love to ride on Memorial day. Not going to happen….. again.
Really wishing I would have just bought a new 2 stroke when my old one wore out. Never had NEAR the issues I'm having with this.

So how does anyone find a mechanic for these? Car shops look at me like I'm crazy. Bike shops won't even let it in the door with a gas motor on it.
Maybe I can find someone with a bunch of lawn mowers for sale. Good bet they know how to fix up the motors right?

Just disgusted.
You have touched on the right idea. Small engine/lawn mower mechanic will give a correct diagnosis.
I thought I lived in a small. You win.
Tom from Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back