Huasheng 4-stroke problems

Just got back from an hour long scoot. The bog is still there but i can just throttle around it. Mid range seams a little more meaty.

It still surges on anything but full throttle, strange. Not bad but i can feel it. Induction noise has little pops when it does.

Hows this plug look? This is from about 3/4 throttle and killing the engine straight away so not to idle.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35203&stc=1&d=1334479852

Attachments

• 2012-04-15 09.59.26.jpg
    2012-04-15 09.59.26.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 644
May have found this low throttle problem and surge. Pilot jet has no o ring........ All that fuel leaking past the jet mustn't be good for it hahaha.

The guy i bought this scooter off said he pulled the carby apart and i guess he never put that o ring back! I will try and get one from the honda dealer tomorrow and report back.

I made an o ring from some rubber hose just to see and it worked! It's only temp as i think the fuel will melt it and the seal might not be 100%. It now idles nice and i dont need to use the throttle to start it :D
It also used ALOT less fuel on the same journey i did before. It did'nt surge for about 30 mins. An hour after that it started to so i guess the fuel is eating that hose :p

Carb jets cleaned one more time just incase, honda pilot jet o-ring and honda air filter fitted. It runs perfect. Adjusting the idle mixture screw actually does something now :p

It went 38kph according to the gps. Im trying to hunt down different sprockets for more speed at lower revs.

Anyone out there know where I can get a diaphram carb adapter for
an hs 142.? Dax is out of them for a few weeks.:confused:

Bicycle engines should have them, when you see the price remember that it includes thye adapter kit and the carb.

Please tell me you don't mean bicycle-engines.com. They don't have
it, and I wouldn't buy squat from them again if they did. I may just
have to wait until Dax gets more.

Rawly ok its a nogo on that site. I've seen those carbs on scooter sites like monster but you need to make sure it will fit. They look exactly like the one dax has but i'm not 100%, get some advice and the prices are reasonable.

Thx darwin,
I'm sure you are right, which is why the adapter. I already have boocoo
carbs. Anyway, problem solved; I made my own adapter, and it'll work
just fine.

"If ya can't buy it; you'll just havta make it yurself.":unsure:

Back