Huasheng 49cc clutch problem

Local time
7:37 PM
Hello all,

Today I had disaster strike me on the way to work. Halfway through my 20 mile ride my engine decided to make a loud metal clanking noise and then the engine sounded quieter and wouldn't stay idling. It had super slow acceleration, and had a clanking sound when accelerating.

I am currently in the process of disassembling the engine to see if the oil slinger came off or if I lost a ring or something. There was no metal in the oil when I drained it. I took off the hoot gearbox and saw that my clutch pads were literally nothing and that one spring had broken off. I found a pile of black dust when I first took off the gearbox and it got all over the floor.

The thing is, the engine made the loud clanking noise first and then about another mile later the clutch didn't grab on and make the bike move anymore. Two separate problems in one day.

My question is, does anybody have an idea of what I should be looking for disassembling the engine to find out what the noise was that is causing poor engine performance? Are clutch pads supposed to be completely disintegrated in 200 miles? Or is there any others that are more durable because replacing clutch pads every 200 miles would be ridiculous.
20170924_202106.jpg
20170924_202124.jpg

The clanking was a piece of something (probably a chunk of pad) getting tossed around and broken up until it was pulverized into dust.

This happens a lot on cheap clutches, I've seen them grenade the entire assembly and when you pour it out it looks like pebbles, little stones, and sand/dust. Clean it all out with pressurized air or carb cleaner, clean the bell with carb cleaner and rough it up a bit on the inside with 600 or 800 grit sand paper.

Get another clutch obviously but other than than don't worry about it.

Back