Huasheng 49cc Fuel Pump?

Talis

Local time
4:31 PM
So I have had my 7g kit for about a year and half, with 1,300 miles on it. I am very pleased with the kit after I fixed all the problems with it. There is only one problem I haven't fixed yet that isn't really even is a problem.

IT TAKES 15 PULLS TO START

I've got everything tuned on it since day one, runs like a champ it just takes forever to start. Would it start first or second or even fifth pull with a vacuum fuel pump run from the crankcase vent? Also would the bowl fill quicker allowing it to run smoother?

Seems your spark is ok if it runs good after 15 pulls. Try some quick start in the intake. Does it start right away? If so you need to clean the carb jets/bowl out. Maybe a venting issue with the fuel cap. Fuel line restriction. 1300 miles a new plug wouldn't hurt it either. Cheap insurance for about $3/$4.

I got rid of that carb on my Huasheng, and replaced it with a 15mm rotary valve Walbro clone, like the red 2 stroke clones come with. I had to mod the manifold from the 2 stroke a bit, and I made my own gasket for it, but that sucker worked great! And it has a squishy bulb to prime it, mine always started in one pull. Those usually require a vacuum pulse to drive the internal fuel pump, but you can just leave that disconnected if your gas tank is higher than your carb. In that case, gravity will do it for you. Those have a fuel pump since they are made for line trimmers which usually sling the fuel tank lower than the carb.

Do you know the correct way to start your engine? What you need to do is turn the choke on, and crank it (or pull) until the engine sputters. Then turn the choke off, and pull it again, it will start. You should not have to open the throttle at all. I got to where I could do it all in one pull. Try that.

I'm betting the stock carb has a rather largish hole in the choke plate so it's CARB II compliant, and it doesn't draw enough fuel to start well from cold. No amount of tinkering with external fuel pumps or pumper carb adaptations will fix that.

The best thing would be to reduce the choke plate's hole either by putting in a small poprivet or soldering the hole shut, you may need to drill a smaller hole to make it run with the choke partially on while warming up. there's a chance with the poprivet fix that it might not open all the way, which could be a problem for full power and better fuel mileage.

Yeah I have a dirt bike vent on my gas cap that I put in at the start and it fixed the starving for fuel but not the starting. Also the carb has been cleaned many times because the paint on the inside used to clog it before I scrapped it all out and that was at 50 miles. Finally the plug is an
NGK CR6 HSA that I put in at about 1000 miles. I used a CR7 previous to that but too much dry fouling due to not getting hot enough. I don't worry about it anymore because I just switched to a predator 79cc. I got an engine though if any one wants one and the whole change log for it is on these forms;)

Back