Huasheng 49cc vs. Honda GX35?

The_Aleman; That's a nifty idea that would make oil changes for 4 stroke in frame engines easier. Might get one if I ever decide to do another in frame 4 stroke build.

My next build after this friction drive bike will be a 2 stroke cruiser. I know 2 stroke china girls aren't known for quality but they are easy & kinda fun to mod/work on & parts are easy to get.

I just use a big 'feeding tube' syringe with some gas line on the end to both fill and drain 4-strokes.

I got my GX35 on the bike and running & it's a great engine. I put about 5 hours on it with no problems at all. I get great speeds for the size. I think I hit 25-30 mph a few times easily on level ground. I do have to pedal assist it up hills because it struggles on the incline. I'm glad I swapped the HS 49cc for the GX35. For a friction drive it's the better choice. The bike is noticeably less heavy in the rear putting less stress on my kickstand. I'm getting a 30 ounce MSR fuel bottle to help extend the range of the gas tank because on the stock 20 ounce gas tank I found myself refueling after about every 5 to 10 miles. Acceleration isn't great but when I start reaching max speed its a blast. I'm glad I got a light weight bike because that helps with top speed & gas mileage.

Back