HuaSheng 49cc will only run with choke on

Colt

Local time
2:24 PM
Well good news is after 4 months of procrastination and issues in putting it together I finally got the bike running today! But I'm having issues with the choke. It has to be open or it will stall even when riding if I didnt have throttle open it would stall even with choke open. I don't know if it's because its a fresh build and first time running or if it's something I need to adjust. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

The choke is supposed to be open when warmed up and running. It's purpose is to restrict air for cold starting purposes. As to needing the throttle open, it sounds like you may need to adjust your idle speed. Turn out the idle screw on the side of the carb.

The choke is supposed to be open when warmed up and running. It's purpose is to restrict air for cold starting purposes. As to needing the throttle open, it sounds like you may need to adjust your idle speed. Turn out the idle screw on the side of the carb.
Ah thank you! I'm not very mechanically inclined but I'm slowly learning. Will try adjusting screw. Here's another problem that maybe you can help me on. Before I rode my bike the chain was pretty tight between 1/4-1/2 inch of play but after the ride I noticed how loose it was there is like inches of play in the chain and the tensioner is in the same exact position. I tried moving chain tensioner and the chain is still extremely loose. I thought maybe I needed to remove a link or 2 in the chain not possible its the exact size it needs to be.I have no idea why it's so loose. Did I have the chain to tight? Maybe that did something.

The choke is supposed to be open when warmed up and running.
(sigh)
The stock HS 142F-1G has a MANUAL choke lever on it's carburetor that don't move unless you manually move it.

My guess is your intake valve needs adjusting to bring in enough intake to not need to enrich it with the choke.
There is a 142F valve setting guide here somewhere, might as well set both valves and that may solve your problem.

Back