Huasheng 49cc

haoleboy

Local time
5:04 AM
My 4 stroke 49cc just stopped running when I was going somewhere. The chain was not broken, had fuel, tried the pull cord, no restraint. I have taken the pulley away from the motor, and I can turn the (flywheel?) freely. I can suspect that there is damage to the inside. Is there a breakdown manual somewhere? Where can I find one? Is it worthwhile tearing it apart, and where can I find parts? All replies are gratefully received.
Thank you, David

Well, after taking the pull cord assembly off, the transmission off, I find the spark plug electrode is damaged. It looks like to me that I have a broken bearing cap and or push rod. If anyone can help me take the case apart, it would be appreciated!!

I've never seen a manual for these, but they're about as simple as a 4-stroke can be. Take the flywheel off, remove all the screws in the case and pop it apart.

If the conrod is broken, you're better off replacing the whole engine. They're not expensive, and by the time you replace everything that got hurt it's probably cheaper to do so.

I've never seen a manual for these, but they're about as simple as a 4-stroke can be. Take the flywheel off, remove all the screws in the case and pop it apart.

If the conrod is broken, you're better off replacing the whole engine. They're not expensive, and by the time you replace everything that got hurt it's probably cheaper to do so.
I thought that too. one thing I wanted to avoid is breaking the fins on the flywheel. But I"ll give it a try. Thank you

Average speed is not rpm. If you are geared to only do 25 max then 22 mph average is still high-ish rpms.
Hmmmm my mistake on the speed.I remember my average 19 or 20 MPH... maybe that is a little high too, huh.....Anyway, I'll go to Autozone tomorrow to see if I can't get that flywheel off...sure doesn't look like it separates though....but I will try...
Thank you very much for your comments!!!

You need a steering wheel puller to remove the flywheel. Head down to autozone and borrow one.
Well, I went to AutoZone this afternoon, the gentleman tried to get the flywheel off and it would not budge. But I did get the clutch side off, and I can barely see the bearing cap on the bottom end. I can see the top of the piston at TDC, so it looks like to me that the conrod is still intact. I surmise that the wrist pin is possibly broken. When I turn the flywheel I can turn it freely, and then there is a stop, like the bottom the piston is catching on something. I think I may have some cylinder wall scarring, which leads me to believe I might as well buy a new motor. Comments are welcome!!

Back