Huasheng bogging problem

OK, well I do have a new engine though. I don't think there is a high chance of this being a problem so early on. Maybe I'm wrong though. have you had this problem on any engines with only a few hours use?
If not, I really think I just busted the engine by not draining the original oil. :rolleyes:

IIRC, my first carb problems appeared after about 3 months of use. I rebuilt the carb and it worked fine for another 2-3 months. Repeat until carb quit working, replaced with another. 3 months later, repeat routine. Went through 3 carbs and at least a dozen rebuilds of each of those carbs between 2010 and 2018. For me, they seemed to last between 2 and 3 years before stubbornly refusing to work at all RPM ranges. After replacing my intake and carb with an adapter and "2-stroke carb" I haven't had a problem. My brother's Honda GXH50 had the same issue, he's on his 4th carb as well. I don't think it's your oil that caused the problem.

Do you think I'd be better off with a different engine? I want something that is reliable. I am not really in this for racing or as hobby (it will probably inevitably become that haha). I just want something for efficient transportation. I do have a lot of hills in my area though, so I do need some power too. I looked at the original Honda version of this Huasheng, but there is no built in clutch, so it would require an extra assembly causing more cantilever. I'm just curious what you more experinced people would reccomend for an engine.

Aside from the wonky factory carbs, the Huasheng engines are very reliable. I've never had a non-carb mechanical problem with my engine itself in almost 9 years and 11K miles, it's only needed a replacement starter. I've averaged ~120MPG over the years, so it ticks the "efficient transportation" box quite nicely. A single quart of oil is good for 4 oil changes. The real Honda version is nice and all, but it's still susceptible to the same carb problems. The Honda costs over twice as much, but it's only a slightly better engine. The clutch thing you think is an issue is not an issue whatsoever, as the clutch for a "5/8" shaft engine actually comes with the transmission, not the engine as with tapered-shaft. Some Huashengs are set-up the same way as the GXH50, like mine.

Also, they are shipping engines with oil in em now? And you didn't drain that oil out? *shudders
I thought it was illegal to ship with any fluids, pretty sure they test-fire at the factory then drain the case. Unless it actually arrived with oil filled in the case, you (the op) ran your engine with the slight film that remained after draining, and for a few hours o_O. You may have toasted your engine already. I cringed reading your post, I have never received an engine thorough the mail with oil in the case. It would leak out and wreck all the mail around it if it was tipped so the case vent was the lowest part... The only thing I can see going different is if your engine arrived with a small bottle of oil to fill the case. Engines never come filled with oil in the case of arriving by mail...
Aside from the wonky factory carbs, the Huasheng engines are very reliable. I've never had a non-carb mechanical problem with my engine itself in almost 9 years and 11K miles, it's only needed a replacement starter.
Have you ever taken off your left side case and checked out your plastic cam that rubs on metal? Bet you find lost power replacing that. You might even see 35 mph uphill replacing that :p.

Last edited:
Lmfao, you are really gonna hate on that? Open up your engine, pull out your 11k mile cam and give us pics. I bet you will eat your shirt. You have obviously never looked at it.

I'd only be able to go 35 uphill if I was a 150lb midget and could actually find a straight uphill road. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

I'm 150 lbs, sorry that you are overweight, maybe you should go without an engine? I will send you $20 if you can send me a pic of your 11k mile cam with 0 wear. If it has any wear, you are losing power, you moron. You are such a hater because you have a worn out motor pushing a fat ass and you can't hit the speeds others can.

Last edited:
You keep on trying to be fast, leave me out of it. If I wanted to try to go fast, I wouldn't be riding one of these.
If you wanted to go fast, you would need a bigger motor and a bigger brain. Sorry you have neither. I can dislike all your retarded fat-ass comments without actual engine knowledge too. Just ignore me, you retarded fat-ass. You are a very ignorant individual (I know you attempt to troll, all the time. You are too stupid to troll intelligent folks, stick to the flat earthers, they are fun :p). Dislike this comment too, I see it as a like.
To the OP, take the aleman's comment's with a grain of salt, he's an old drunkard with holes in his brain and a swollen liver. He usually types at the IQ of a 10 year old. Sometimes he remembers something, but usually he talks out of his ass.

Last edited:
Now you've resorted to down-voting my helpful replies that have nothing at all to do with you? What a douchebag move.

I downvoted you because you felt the need to tech on my engine without me asking you for advice. I rebuilt my first engine before you went to school. I was riding these a decade before you joined the forum. I don't need your advice on my engine, I already told you my cam was worn out. I don't know why you think you're actually informing me of anything. It has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, either. f*** off.

Now you've resorted to down-voting my helpful replies that have nothing at all to do with you? What a douchebag move.

I downvoted you because you felt the need to tech on my engine without me asking you for advice. I rebuilt my first engine before you went to school. I was riding these a decade before you joined the forum. I don't need your advice on my engine, I already told you my cam was worn out. I don't know why you think you're actually informing me of anything. It has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, either. f*** off.
Lmfao you are only a couple years older than me, you soon to be senile old fart... You downvoted all my comments when I was trying to help you get power back, you moron. You need to clean your own front porch (get your own engine tip-top) before trying to help others. Your advice is trash if your own bike isn't running to it's max.

Last edited:
Back