Huasheng emission compliance only 50 hours

Yellow Perch

Local time
8:12 AM
I saw a label on somebody’s huasheng bike, it said the emissions compliance was only 50 hours. Hondas are easily four times this number. Why is this? I take it to mean that this is how long before rings and such wear down and it starts having blowby or burning oil?

Emissions compliance is gained by using a catalyst muffler. It takes semi-precious metals (like palladium and platinum) to make an exhaust catalyst. You can take the sticker to mean the exhaust has a less robust catalyst than the Honda.

Many people put a different exhaust on their bike, making this whole point moot. Your engine is out of compliance once you put an aftermarket exhaust on it (or just manage to adjust the fuel screw).

I take that 50hr period to mean it's in compliance
for 50hrs till the next tune up/oil change. Also the egr system is involved not just the muffler. Recommended oil changes are 50hrs plus air filter cleaning and maybe plug etc..

Last edited:
Even the 2 smokes have the same hour rating,since this type of engine comes into N.America as lawn equipment that's a realistic life span within their guidelines and compliance standerds.As Ale man said compliance is mainly for emmisions and really anything done to the engine and exhaust void's that LOL.50 hours at even just 25mph is 1,250 miles traveled on a cheap engine and pretty good in my books,when this starts turning into years and thousands of miles traveled that's awesome!

That "certified for unleaded gasoline" is for keeping the catalyst active. Note "this engine meets U.S. EPA exh regs for 2014"
Leaded gasoline destroys exhaust catalysts. Leaded gasoline is also quite nice for engines, if not for the environment.

Emissions compliance is gained by using a catalyst muffler. It takes semi-precious metals (like palladium and platinum) to make an exhaust catalyst. You can take the sticker to mean the exhaust has a less robust catalyst than the Honda.

Many people put a different exhaust on their bike, making this whole point moot. Your engine is out of compliance once you put an aftermarket exhaust on it (or just manage to adjust the fuel screw).
I see! I thought it was a measure of the actual motor’s tolerances until it wore out and started polluting more or something. That’s a relief!

Even the 2 smokes have the same hour rating,since this type of engine comes into N.America as lawn equipment that's a realistic life span within their guidelines and compliance standerds.As Ale man said compliance is mainly for emmisions and really anything done to the engine and exhaust void's that LOL.50 hours at even just 25mph is 1,250 miles traveled on a cheap engine and pretty good in my books,when this starts turning into years and thousands of miles traveled that's awesome!
True! Hopefully it lasts a long time

Perch, there's folks who have gone 1000's of miles on one 142f engine trouble free, well worth the money.

Back