Huasheng engine bogging down

No at this point I don't want to remove the filter about it's not easy putting the screws through the filter and placing it on the carburetor

I think with this type of fancy air filter it's getting to much air it's really not an filter. There no filter cones inside so I am going to take it off and put some of that black filter around the inside of it. Without some type filter lining when you accelerate it's going to bog down. Good luck

Did you know that you are supposed to spray this filter with K&N Air Filter Oil

I think with this type of fancy air filter it's getting to much air it's really not an filter. There no filter cones inside so I am going to take it off and put some of that black filter around the inside of it. Without some type filter lining when you accelerate it's going to bog down. Good luck
I'm telling you, the filter flows better so you need to increase your fuel mixture to keep the stoichiometric ratio. Yes it does need oil, and it does filter out stuff. I have 0 bogging issues and don't have a black filter stuck inside of it. You need to tune your carb since you are adding more air. The more air you can move the more power there is to be made. Choking down your engine after putting a nice aftermarket filter on is kinda counterproductive to the cause, unless you were just going for looks without increased performance.

I'm telling you, the filter flows better so you need to increase your fuel mixture to keep the stoichiometric ratio. Yes it does need oil, and it does filter out stuff. I have 0 bogging issues and don't have a black filter stuck inside of it. You need to tune your carb since you are adding more air. The more air you can move the more power there is to be made. Choking down your engine after putting a nice aftermarket filter on is kinda counterproductive to the cause, unless you were just going for looks without increased performance.

I tried to adjust that screw pin on the side of the carb and then accelerate it bogs. I must be doing something wrong

I tried to adjust that screw pin on the side of the carb and then accelerate it bogs. I must be doing something wrong
For the idle jet you gotta drill out the brass plug closest to the engine on the right side a tad then twist a screw in, and twist as you pull out. Turning the hidden screw underneath richens or leans out the idle fuel ratio. The main jet is inside your bowl and has to be replaced or drilled out to allow more fuel. If you are drilling it out yourself be prepared to solder the jet and drill it out with the previous drill bit.

I have a similar air filter. I had to drill a hole in the base plate.

Attachments

• 20200705_151612.jpg
    20200705_151612.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 126
Back