Huasheng off kilter

Did you extend the frame behind the seatpost? The Whizzer centerstand looks familiar! I like the frame, but I think it would be easier to build on a newsboy model with the single toptube. I'll keep my eye peeled for one. Thanks for the tip and the pictures.

I still don't get why you don't build on that frame instead of the hyper
I just decided to go a different way with that bike and get my bt80 off the cranny. I'm still gonna build it with my bt80. I'm probably gonna use some 3 spoke mags.
Did you extend the frame behind the seatpost? The Whizzer centerstand looks familiar! I like the frame, but I think it would be easier to build on a newsboy model with the single toptube. I'll keep my eye peeled for one. Thanks for the tip and the pictures.
No, I didn't extend the frame, but the track dropouts I made made it 2 inches longer, and had another 2 inches of adjustment on top of that.

80s and 90s mountain bike frames convert well enough if you can get past the fact that a chain tensioner will be necessary for clearing the chain stay on a china doll build. Room for fat tires, plenty of space in the frame and many had horizontal drop outs. The rear drop outs will be 135 mm, which means a disc brake wheel with be very easy to source.

Thanks, Robe. I like springer seats and front forks. The biggest drawback I find with bicycle frames is their length. My second build was on a Giant Stiletto. The extra length made the build much easier and the handling was so much better than a standard bike frame. Now that I have a good wire welder, will be experimenting with stretching frames. Have toyed with ideas on how to fab a swingarm for a monoshock. Another idea is to construct a single beam frame like the German Eme. So many dreams and so little time!

Back