Hub adapter fitting

I don't know how these hub adapters work. Doesn't it slide side to side on the hub before you clamp it down tight so you can line up the chain first?

I don't know how these hub adapters work. Doesn't it slide side to side on the hub before you clamp it down tight so you can line up the chain first?
Yes it does but the hub I have is like a weird funnel shape so if I move it front or back itll be at a weird angle. I also made a hole for a screw to prevent slipping so I am pretty much stuck with the position its at right now.

Yes it does but the hub I have is like a weird funnel shape so if I move it front or back itll be at a weird angle. I also made a hole for a screw to prevent slipping so I am pretty much stuck with the position its at right now.
Oh yeah I've seen hubs like that

Hey so I already replaced those rims and went ahead and got a 36 spoke wheel and it lined up a lot better, I am just having trouble now with slipping and making the sprocket align with the engine gear, chain keeps popping and derailing
I would 1st center your wheel in the rear dropout, then If chain alignment is still off, shorten your spacers in between the sprocket & hub adapter. You may also have trouble with a quick release axle on a motorized bike. Lmao i dont trust them. Also your could probably round your sprocket teeth over to help your chain from climbing on the sprocket.
Take a good look at how well the chain meshes with sprocket teeth. Wrap it around and look close, chain roller has to fully seat berween sprocket teeth. BB sold me a bad sprocket and refused to replace it.

Back