Hub adapter fitting

NicoMec

Local time
4:48 AM
First I would like to say that I am currently using a Nishiki hybrid bike with 700c rims for my motorized bike. I have had many issues with the rag joint and have broken about 3 rims at this point. I decided to buy a hub adapter so that I would avoid having to use the spokes to drive the wheel. However, I am currently having trouble making and finding a rim that fits the hub correctly. I bought one that could be used for 1.5-inch hubs and a sleeve for 1-inch hubs. I also realized that these adapter screws only line up for 36-spoke rims. I tried it with my 32-spoke rim and the screws to hold the sprocket did not line up but what is weird is that the adapter fit perfectly on the hub. I am just having trouble finding the right rim for this or finding a reliable solution so that I do not keep on breaking rims.

First I would like to say that I am currently using a Nishiki hybrid bike with 700c rims for my motorized bike. I have had many issues with the rag joint and have broken about 3 rims at this point. I decided to buy a hub adapter so that I would avoid having to use the spokes to drive the wheel. However, I am currently having trouble making and finding a rim that fits the hub correctly. I bought one that could be used for 1.5-inch hubs and a sleeve for 1-inch hubs. I also realized that these adapter screws only line up for 36-spoke rims. I tried it with my 32-spoke rim and the screws to hold the sprocket did not line up but what is weird is that the adapter fit perfectly on the hub. I am just having trouble finding the right rim for this or finding a reliable solution so that I do not keep on breaking rims.
Can you get a pic to us of your sprocket adapter in your 32 spoke wheel. That way we can all get a idea of what you working on & what might be your best solution.

Just get a 6 bolt style disc brake 29er rear wheel and a 6 bolt drilled sprocket to match.
You don't have to figure out how to convert the frame to a rear disc brake... unless you want to, but with such a question as you've asked I don't recommend cliff diving into that any time soon.

There is absolutely No better solution with less failure risk than just using a 6 bolt set up. You definitely need locktite and M5x0.8x10mm screws because the standard disc rotor screws are way too short at only 5mm long.

You should even need to spread the dropouts for clearance as long as your not adding a brake rotor on top of the sprocket.

Update: This is what my chain looks like now, I believe its straight but a second pair of eyes could help. The chain keeps popping when I ride it and it derails, any advice? The sleeves seem to be pushing out the sprocket too far out and I can't really move the hub back since I already drilled a screw to keep locked into place.

Attachments

• 20230121_134428.jpg
    20230121_134428.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20230121_134248.jpg
    20230121_134248.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20230121_134306.jpg
    20230121_134306.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 138
Just get a 6 bolt style disc brake 29er rear wheel and a 6 bolt drilled sprocket to match.
You don't have to figure out how to convert the frame to a rear disc brake... unless you want to, but with such a question as you've asked I don't recommend cliff diving into that any time soon.

There is absolutely No better solution with less failure risk than just using a 6 bolt set up. You definitely need locktite and M5x0.8x10mm screws because the standard disc rotor screws are way too short at only 5mm long.

You should even need to spread the dropouts for clearance as long as your not adding a brake rotor on top of the sprocket.
I recently sent a picture of what my bike looks like, can you give it a look and tell me if you think a rear disc brake setup would work on my bike for a sprocket? I am done with all these other temporary solutions, I would like to try that one out. Could you also send me or refer me to an example picture? I've been giving this approach serious thought.

Can you get a pic to us of your sprocket adapter in your 32 spoke wheel. That way we can all get a idea of what you working on & what might be your best solution.
Hey so I already replaced those rims and went ahead and got a 36 spoke wheel and it lined up a lot better, I am just having trouble now with slipping and making the sprocket align with the engine gear, chain keeps popping and derailing

Update: This is what my chain looks like now, I believe its straight but a second pair of eyes could help. The chain keeps popping when I ride it and it derails, any advice? The sleeves seem to be pushing out the sprocket too far out and I can't really move the hub back since I already drilled a screw to keep locked into place.
I would 1st center your wheel in the rear dropout, then If chain alignment is still off, shorten your spacers in between the sprocket & hub adapter. You may also have trouble with a quick release axle on a motorized bike. Lmao i dont trust them. Also your could probably round your sprocket teeth over to help your chain from climbing on the sprocket.

I would 1st center your wheel in the rear dropout, then If chain alignment is still off, shorten your spacers in between the sprocket & hub adapter. You may also have trouble with a quick release axle on a motorized bike. Lmao i dont trust them. Also your could probably round your sprocket teeth over to help your chain from climbing on the sprocket.
by rounding it do you mean sorta like sharpening the teeth to allow more play? Like with using a file?

by rounding it do you mean sorta like sharpening the teeth to allow more play? Like with using a file?
Yes that what I'm saying. Just round the teeth over a little bit on each side of the sprocket. You can use a file or a dremel with round sanding drum or stone if you got 1.

Yes that what I'm saying. Just round the teeth over a little bit on each side of the sprocket. You can use a file or a dremel with round sanding drum or stone if you got 1.
do you have any other recommendations if it still pops and derails after that?

Back