Hub Adapter Solutions

NicoMec

Local time
11:36 AM
So I've already posted before about this hub adapter and I really do not feel like trying to do other crazy remedies to it to make it reliable and not slip. My original plan was to have a screw go through the adapter and the hub but surprise my engine snapped the screw and now the thing spins. I want to just weld it at this point and accept it'll be permanent for that rim at least. Has anyone else tried this? Also if you guys could tell me the cc's of your engine as well? I have a 100cc and I am guessing the torque is just too strong for these types of cheap parts.

So I've already posted before about this hub adapter and I really do not feel like trying to do other crazy remedies to it to make it reliable and not slip. My original plan was to have a screw go through the adapter and the hub but surprise my engine snapped the screw and now the thing spins. I want to just weld it at this point and accept it'll be permanent for that rim at least. Has anyone else tried this? Also if you guys could tell me the cc's of your engine as well? I have a 100cc and I am guessing the torque is just too strong for these types of cheap parts.
i had the hub adapter and no matter what i did it slipped i had to put a notch in the hub and adapter and use a woodruff key which worked till it didn't my TOTAL 100% solution was using the rag joint that comes with the kit just be very patient i haven't had a bike fail yet

i had the hub adapter and no matter what i did it slipped i had to put a notch in the hub and adapter and use a woodruff key which worked till it didn't my TOTAL 100% solution was using the rag joint that comes with the kit just be very patient i haven't had a bike fail yet
I just refuse to use rag joints after I broke 3 of my rims with them. I understand I probably did not set them up perfectly but I feel like the design just does not work. Those bicycle rim spokes cannot handle the torque of these engines without them eventually failing. Even the hub adapter I have to worry about slipping. I think the only best setup is the rims with the disc brake. Better braking and a secured sprocket.

I think the only best setup is the rims with the disc brake. Better braking and a secured sprocket.
If it's any help to ya, here is what I did for rims, disk brakes and secured sprocket.

Follow the links on this link and you will see how I put it all together.

DSCN0229.JPG

I've built many bikes with the old used tire theory, never had an issue with any of them. Blew up a coaster brake and took a tumble but it wasn't a sprocket issue.

If it's any help to ya, here is what I did for rims, disk brakes and secured sprocket.

Follow the links on this link and you will see how I put it all together.

View attachment 186232
Have you had issues with the rims cracking though? I heard this wheels tend to be fragile sometimes but I was definitely looking into them

Have you had issues with the rims cracking though? I heard this wheels tend to be fragile sometimes but I was definitely looking into them

From what I read over the years about these Mags
The skinnier the spoke the more likely it's to crack at the hub
The spokes crack at the hub from flexing going around turns fast, But not the 3 spoke It's really thick at the hub
Also these Mags are for pavement only NO off road

The skinnier the spoke the more likely it's to crack at the hub
The spokes crack at the hub from flexing going around turns fast, But not the 3 spoke It's really thick at the hub
Exactly correct,,,no cracking whatsoever...I now have 1600+ miles on the mags and Kevlar tires and tubes

Use pvc shims. If you get a piece big enough you can form it to snap around the back axle/hub so that it grips it tight. This works wonderfully because I have done it before many many times.

If not get yourself the right size hub adapter or the right size rim to put it on one of the two.

Back