Hub axle

Musico336

Local time
8:21 AM
I just recently had this wheel put together a 36 hole with 14 g spokes I was in a rush and they told me another week or 2 for the 12 gauge I ended up snapping 6 spokes another axle bent can’t get chain alignment right I’m ready to buy an motor bike frame and put my rebuilt motor on that

Attachments

• E23C1EB8-E5EB-4293-BF0C-A9777163DF48.jpeg
    E23C1EB8-E5EB-4293-BF0C-A9777163DF48.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 229
I bent axles by not using a tug/axle stay.
After bendind two axles and frying two chains i learned up really quick.
I got a piece of 1/8 inch flat stock steel and placed my rear wheel, with new axle, then tightened new chain to my desired tension and marked the flat stock steel.
I then cut two holes, one for the axle and one for the nut and bolt to secure the axle stay/tug.

It wasn't hard but you'll have to be fairly precise on the smaller hole connecting to frame.

Even if you do buy another frame, be sure to buy or fabricate an axle tug/stay so you do not run into this problem again.

Ride Safe!

I’m honestly done with the mods i lost my license and this is my daily im thinking of just getting the smoother ride

Attachments

• 3EEE66F1-C7CD-410E-8B85-28F2A7AA9E45.png
    3EEE66F1-C7CD-410E-8B85-28F2A7AA9E45.png
    705 KB · Views: 207
not really understanding what you're saying here

looks like a hub adapter, so if that isn't dead tight, it will spin and rip spokes - I'd tighten it or replace with the stronger rag joint

OTOH, bent axle is usually chain climbing sprocket and pulling wheel forward - just a matter of having tensioner feed chain truly straight onto rear sprocket

these problems are fixable, and if you look around the forum, you'll see that everyone here has fixed them

look carefully at what you have there and ask specific questions about how to make what you have work

I’m just frustrated man I think my head definitely got full of air and impulses on the rims and the “professional” now it’s sta to hurt my pocket

that pic isn't same as in first post - why the big sprocket if you are using some kind of little one for motor chain?

Last edited:
Back