Hub Clamp Sprocket and Pull Start help

Jag

Local time
5:56 AM
I have a hub clamp sprocket (and yes it’s the right size for my hub, and the 2 sides of the clamp only make contact to the center hub.) I can’t get it not to slip, max ive tightend it to is 26 ft lbs. I’ve tried cleaning both surfaces and putting X marks for more grip/surface area on the clamp but still slips. Should I attempt a beer can shim or tightening it down even more, if so how much?

I also have a pull start but one of the little springs for the arms broke and I can’t seem too find a replacement spring, does anyone know if I’m able to get a stand alone spring?

That's what it said on the packages but did you measure. Nothing is ever made to nominal and everything has tolerances. I used to work at an aluminum extruding and machining facility.

Sandpaper the hub and the clamp to be rough and tighten it down good the smooth surfaces always slipped for me. You just need to sandpaper them really good and rough and it shouldn't slip anymore

also tighten the hub down first then tighten the 3 sprocket bolts afterward

That's what it said on the packages but did you measure. Nothing is ever made to nominal and everything has tolerances. I used to work at an aluminum extruding and machining facility.
It was slightly smaller than a inch.

What do you guys think about putting a spring pin through it?

Back