Hub Clamp Sprocket and Pull Start help

Spring pin through the hub will have to pass through the axle, which sort of defeats the whole turning easily thing. Beer can shim or better yet maybe a strip of some stainless steel screen door material?

I would..
Drill two holes in the hub body and a threaded hole in each half of the clamp, into which insert a nice fat grub screw so it will mate with the corresponding hole in the hub body when you assemble the clamp.

*I have not tried to do this, so I don't know if a 90° drill adapter will even fit in between the spokes of the built wheel.

Perhaps get a telescoping gauge for measurement and see exactly how much of a difference there is at certain points within the inside of the adapter. Then sand down at the points where the inner diameter is too small.

Last edited:
I noticed a little slippage on my 1.18" hub too seeing slight bend on a spoke. I think it's a leverage thing with small hubs you can't overcome with friction alone.
trend is going to disc mount more n more I think bcs of this

Sadly there’s no real way to stop the adapter from moving up against the spokes. An ideal setup would use a key or something to lock it in place. You could possibly weld a bead on the wheel hub then file it then file a groove in the adapter. That’s a long shot though.

Sadly there’s no real way to stop the adapter from moving up against the spokes. An ideal setup would use a key or something to lock it in place. You could possibly weld a bead on the wheel hub then file it then file a groove in the adapter. That’s a long shot though.
I’ll look into welding a bead onto it but for now I was thinking something 3 small woodruff keys to hopefully not ruin the hubs integrity and spread the torque around the hub more rather than with one key having all the torque concentrated in one place potentially ripping through the steel.

Back