Hub vs mid drive?

And I'm wondering now I've thought about the 1500 watt front hub and I want to use it for the forest, but I wonder if it will pull me I weigh 250 lbs?
Don't do it!!!! Another advantage of mid drive is you maintain a nicely balanced bike still.

I think that 1500 watts will be enough for hills of the sort of 15-20% if it doesn't happen I think about whether to put the e-bike engine on my 80cc gas bike with both engines I guess there will be power for quite large hills
Get a mid drive bafang bbshd and you'll never have to worry about if you'll make it up the next hill because the answer is always yes easily!

Get a mid drive bafang bbshd and you'll never have to worry about if you'll make it up the next hill because the answer is always yes easily!
It's not just about power (wattage) or torque... it depends on a lot of things, a loaded heavy tour bike with long-distance tires can struggle on loose gravel surfaces, even more in mud, snow, or sand, but I agree that the BBSHD is the best motor for an ebike that's made today. When is someone in America going to turn the tables on China and reverse engineer a better motor? I am sick and tired of being forced to buy products from anyone that I don't want to give my money to. And when the s**t hits the fan (worse than it already has) I want to be able to find parts.

Sure are lots of mid-drive lovers here.
I dont trust mid-drives.
First I don't trust that they are even legal in my state as I read the law a couple years ago the motor can not be routed through changeable gears.
I don't trust that I will not break my drive train using it. I panic stop and end up in the wrong gear often enough treking along at 28 when the light turns red.
I don't trust the government to not confiscate the mid-drive bike as an illegal vehicle either for speed capabilities or gearing issues.
I understand hub motors and I can swap out a hub motor and be back on the road faster than you can get your mid-drive off the bike.
I like hub motors front or rear, geared or direct drive they each have their application.

My stock 500 watt rear hub commuter has no trouble pulling our combined weight of 250 lbs (114 Kg) up the steepest hill in my area 10% grade either on its own power (slowly at ~7 mph) or with me helping with only normal flat terrain level of exertion going ~ 12. Don't see an issue.
I might think differently if I was into rough terrain trails and off road riding.
Don't get me wrong I'm no legal eagle and my homebrew could still get confiscated but I'll have about 100 bucks invested and will likely have gotten my moneys worth of fun out of it by then.
Front hub gear motors from rental company failures are cheap as dirt right now. Complete wheel, tire, tube, disc brake and caliper $25 closer to 40 with shipping. Rated at 250 watts but we all know how that really works.
What does that mid-drive cost again?
If I had a mid-drive I'd want to put it on a nice bike and then hurt myself 4 miles from home in the middle of the woods I'll pass.
Maybe they'd just ticket or warn me like a kid with a dirt bike and threaten empoundment IDK.

In my state shifters are an engine restriction, but not electric restriction. My etrike is a class II ebike, restricted to 750W and 28mph, not permitted on some greenways limited to class I...but that’s easy, don’t go fast on a greenway, and pedal, not throttle, you’re legal.

Yeah I can go over 30. Doesn’t mean I have to.
😈

Like I said.
If I ever use a hub motor it will be in my trailer wheel and used specifically for regen capability and the obvious reduction in brake wear.
That's what I have planned for the 750 watt front motor I got by mistake. A neutral pull trailer accelerates to keep up and brakes when it starts pushing.

Back