Huesheng 53cc 50 mph target

You can engage in whatever dangerous behavior you want. Putting 300cc ohv on a bicycle frame with moped wheels is DANGEROUS. Guys on FB posting videos riding on the freeway is DANGEROUS. I won’t be a part of it. It’s wrong. Maybe you forgot that we are on a motorized bike forum, and there are hundreds of people reading that don’t post. There is somebody out there getting the wrong idea about what’s safe. 300ccs on a bicycle frame with moped wheels ain’t it. Why don’t you post/discuss your build on chopcult instead?

I could care less if you built 30 kits. Did you learn much with each successive build?

There is no mention in either thread of the (what is now a) turbo 212 of racing. Good designs are motoped , whizzer, vector ebike. I don’t think anything with an engine originally designed for running a water pump at 3300rpm is a good design. It just so happens to be easy and fairly inexpensive relative to a production vehicle, to put together if you have the tools and some fab skills, and don’t run it hard or often. It results in a bike that cruises well at 35mph which IS safe.

I’m not going to a race. I live at the foot of a mountain. You can absolutely join me on a 80 mile round trip to the beach. Bring your 300 we may be equally matched, if we’re not I’ll just turn down the watts...

Oh wow CNC machining ooooo ahhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
You can engage in whatever dangerous behavior you want. Putting 300cc ohv on a bicycle frame with moped wheels is DANGEROUS. Guys on FB posting videos riding on the freeway is DANGEROUS. I won’t be a part of it. It’s wrong. Maybe you forgot that we are on a motorized bike forum, and there are hundreds of people reading that don’t post. There is somebody out there getting the wrong idea about what’s safe. 300ccs on a bicycle frame with moped wheels ain’t it. Why don’t you post/discuss your build on chopcult instead?

I could care less if you built 30 kits. Did you learn much with each successive build?

There is no mention in either thread of the (what is now a) turbo 212 of racing. Good designs are motoped , whizzer, vector ebike. I don’t think anything with an engine originally designed for running a water pump at 3300rpm is a good design. It just so happens to be easy and fairly inexpensive relative to a production vehicle, to put together if you have the tools and some fab skills, and don’t run it hard or often. It results in a bike that cruises well at 35mph which IS safe.

I’m not going to a race. I live at the foot of a mountain. You can absolutely join me on a 80 mile round trip to the beach. Bring your 300 we may be equally matched, if we’re not I’ll just turn down the watts...

To each his own. I think the whizzer is ancient tech trash and ebikes are still 10 years away from being "worth it". Hell I'd take a chinagirl over a whizzer motor. I am the first to steer inexperienced people away from performance builds and always recommend a simple kit build first before getting into anything custom. I also don't assume or insult others skillsets though, since I'm sure a custom chopper builder who has never built a motorized bike in his life can make a bike better than 99% of us on his very first try without a shred of experience or a single prior build.

I can respect not wanting to do something you don't think is safe, but that doesn't mean you should critize everyone who doesn't share that belief. EVERYTHING is dangerous without knowledge, skill, and yes sometimes luck. Is doing 75mph with a 305cc on a reinforced bicycle frame with motorcycle forks and moped wheels less safe then 165mph 1/4 mile trap speeds on a ZX14R? What about hitting jumps on a 250cc 2stroke or racing a kx125 in sugar sand? One persons "Dangerous" is another persons fun.

FWIW, you have a beautiful bike and clearly know what you are doing...but that doesn't mean nobody else does (y).

I’m not going to a race. I live at the foot of a mountain.

Haha yeah, I live at 75 feet elevation. ~20 miles away is the Sierra Nevada foothills around Auburn and some of the most thrilling of riding is to be had whether driving, pedaling, MaBing, or motorcycling. Oh-crap moments galore if one wants them, who needs a go-kart track? Also some of the craziest hills I ever seen, so of course I'm gonna scoff at people like Crazy "Quintuple-post" Dan and his claims of riding his Huasheng 35MPH uphill. Not these hills LOL. Anyone on one of these bikes is slow to me, so people bragging about being fast on them just makes me laugh and want to flame a bit. I just think getting on a pedal bike to be fast is a logical fallacy. I ride mine to be slow and I enjoy it just as much as when I take my 2600lb classic BMW from Sacramento to Reno the back way.

Occasionally I've had to correct people in my field when I'm called a "machinist". I've been a CNC Laser Operator since 1995, I'm not a machinist. I'm a machine operator, huge difference. That said, a CNC machine operator has to be adept at setting up fixtures and tooling and it takes a remarkable level of attention to detail and knowledge of materials and processing of such. To me, a real machinist is the guy who's running a manual lathe or mill, or even a modified drill press in his side yard. Heck, I've seen some amazing work posted on the forums over the years done with just hacksaws and grinders! CNC what? :LOL:

To each his own. I think the whizzer is ancient tech trash and ebikes are still 10 years away from being "worth it". Hell I'd take a chinagirl over a whizzer motor.

Yeah, of course, but I think that's kind of sad that you look at Whizzer engines that way. They are every bit as old tech as chinagirls and have the same awesome real-bicycle-engine thing going for them, IMHO. Of course, we all know what Whizzer engines don't have going for them is their price and wonkiness (on new engines and kits), but the blame for that has to be put on the current IP holders of Whizzer, who are sitting on it like Mother Goose and crapping out subpar work as usual. I don't think it's fair of you to crap on Whizzer for that, they are really wonderful setups that stand the test of time better than most chinagirls ever could. You being a fan of Briggs but not Whizzer? They both made their name on under-stressed flathead goodness! 🆒

“Understressed Flathead goodness” exactly. When you add more power you have to select parts up to the spec. Moped parts were designed for slow speeds and light weight requirements. If you build a motorcycle then start with motorcycle parts. JMO

Oh that turbo bike is gorgeous no doubt, but not something worthy of being called good design imo. If I was building an actual race bike for racing on a smooth kart track it would look a lot more like a gravity bike.

Not everything that is pretty is a good design. And not everything that is a good design is pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 86451

Oh that turbo bike is gorgeous no doubt, but not something worthy of being called good design imo. If I was building an actual race bike for racing on a smooth kart track it would look a lot more like a gravity bike.
Kurt Stoval did not design his 212 turbo bike to race on a smooth kart track.
I can't wait to see that turbo race at Grange aka Apple Valley Speedway on Sat Oct 19th.

Kurt Stoval did not design his 212 turbo bike to race on a smooth kart track.
I can't wait to see that turbo race at Grange aka Apple Valley Speedway on Sat Oct 19th.

Don’t you ever get tired of plugging your race in every post? Tell me again why I can spend $5000++ on one bike but you can’t spend that on a timing system....

Don’t you ever get tired of plugging your race in every post? Tell me again why I can spend $5000++ on one bike but you can’t spend that on a timing system....

He prolly spent all the scooter racing money on maxi-scooters disguised as motorized bicycles that want to be motorcycles.
(insert circus music here)

Everybody has the right to build and ride what they want. If there are consequences so be it. That's the problem with people these days. To many are trying to force their ideas of what they like on everyone else. Just cut the crap.

You say people have a right to build what they want, and also people have the right to opine on it. People have been promoting their ideas since the beginning of conversation. I think the problem with a lot of people these days is inability to deal with differing opinions, whining and automatically calling someone a "hater" if they see things differently.

You're wrong about people having a right to ride what they want tho - that technically only applies on their own property. Anyway, when a person getting into this for what it is - low-speed alternative transportation - sees someone getting into this to build what is basically a flimsy maxi scooter and starts bragging about speed on the forum, it's going to rub some feelings raw. Things will be said and they may or may not offend sensibilities of those who are used to having their feelings mollycoddled.

Everybody has the right to build and ride what they want. If there are consequences so be it. That's the problem with people these days. To many are trying to force their ideas of what they like on everyone else. Just cut the crap.

Fine bro were all hanging on your every word. Show us the errors of our ways. Opine away. Maybe I shouldn't have said opine away in sarcasm . Your speech should be as free as one's freedom to build as they choose, so build and opine away. Someone's gonna like it and someone's gonna not. then we know who we are and adjust accordingly.

Last edited:
Back